• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) Current Issues & Community/Staff Tension

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
Hi Ceroria, I'd like you to pop in to the AU servers sometime... There you will find teams of 2-3 every game and frequently larger in many games. I am a solo player and do not have any issues with teamers, however I do when that team has at least one hacker among them or more. Which brings me to the the issue of 'hackers' on AU, being the small community we are, yes you will see hackers almost every game now and teams of them.

I've been around on mcsg since 2012 off and on and never have I seen the amount of hackers on au that there currently is, so yes updating Xime/anticheat would be a priority in my opinion.

People get frustrated when trying to have a game only to be killed off spawn by either hackers or large teams. This often leads to negative/abusive behaviour and it just snowballs from there.... Leading to low morale in the community.

Also it's a give and take situation with the staff/community members. Some people do not understand all of the work mods/staff do behind the 'scenes' therefore they are quick to judge and that is why posts such as yours help people to see the other side of the 'fence'.
However, It is disheartening to see a bunch of mods in a hub discussing their personal lives and meanwhile players pleas for help or trying to alert mods of hackers in game to spec go completely ignored.

So I guess all in all I do agree with what you are saying here, community/staff members need to work as a team to improve the future of the server maybe not so much segregation, which involves listening to each other and not being so defensive and judgmental maybe?

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Although Hackers are a huge issue, I personally do not mind teaming whatsoever. Honestly, can members of the community sit back and say "I hate teams" all day? I feel no one should be saying this because I guarantee a large percent of these players have teamed at one point on MCGamer. I play with friends all the time so I realize it would be hypocritical to say that teaming is a problem and people are *fill in the blank* for teaming. People need to realize "I do it so why can't they." I think most of these teaming problems seem to be cause by players that become heated after losing to a team and need a way to let out their anger. I even get salty when I die to them but I don't let it get to me cause I do the same thing. Also with the staff disrespect problem... that's a hard issue to fix. When I first started playing on the network, I was ignorant and didn't think that staff did much except sit in hub and say Do not flood the chat. With my new trip on trying to become mod and even before, I realize completely how much the staff does. I had no idea almost a year ago how much they did for this server. On average eight hundred players are banned for hacking a day. Most people just don't know enough to appreciate how much they do for the server and community as well as how much time they devote into making the communities experience 100 times better. This is just an issue I believe that maturity and experience will only be able to cure.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
All the problems have some truth to them though, there are hackers. There are tons of teams (I don't really mind personally) and I have seen/met corrupt staff members, but let's be honest. We're all human we aren't perfect. That's why I play EU, I get to avoid the complaints and such, really the only problem with eu is the hackers cx

(Sorry for my crappy punctuation)

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Hi Ceroria, I'd like you to pop in to the AU servers sometime... There you will find teams of 2-3 every game and frequently larger in many games. I am a solo player and do not have any issues with teamers, however I do when that team has at least one hacker among them or more. Which brings me to the the issue of 'hackers' on AU, being the small community we are, yes you will see hackers almost every game now and teams of them.

I've been around on mcsg since 2012 off and on and never have I seen the amount of hackers on au that there currently is, so yes updating Xime/anticheat would be a priority in my opinion.

People get frustrated when trying to have a game only to be killed off spawn by either hackers or large teams. This often leads to negative/abusive behaviour and it just snowballs from there.... Leading to low morale in the community.

Also it's a give and take situation with the staff/community members. Some people do not understand all of the work mods/staff do behind the 'scenes' therefore they are quick to judge and that is why posts such as yours help people to see the other side of the 'fence'.
However, It is disheartening to see a bunch of mods in a hub discussing their personal lives and meanwhile players pleas for help or trying to alert mods of hackers in game to spec go completely ignored.

So I guess all in all I do agree with what you are saying here, community/staff members need to work as a team to improve the future of the server maybe not so much segregation, which involves listening to each other and not being so defensive and judgmental maybe?
Just try to get kohi to give them the rights to AntiSkid. anticheat is a bit to sensitive imho.

A

Axel | PlazaGames

Thanks Ceroria.
Now i have a few things to say.

Ceroria is stating his opinion, because i have tried to do this kind of posts before, and they get a lot of hate from different community members and maybe even others.

As Ceroria said, we can't do this alone, we can't beat hackers without you guys...
But we need a few things before we can actually change that.

1. We need to stay together, do it together and never give up, because if we do give up, it is going to be worse, and our community is going to be worse.

2. Why are you guys blaming the Staff Team? I really wanna have a valid answer for my question from one of you community members who disrespect the staff team a lot, just because it looks like they don't deal with hackers as they are suppose to do, In fact, when i was a Moderator we got many bans.. It is actually insane how many bans the Staff Team gets in one week. Stop blaming the Staff Team guys, without them, the community would have already died, because we can't beat hackers without a first line of defence, and that's what Moderators are.

3. And the third one, stop it. Stop harassing staff members, getting mad because of Good stuff.. Guys we can do this, the only thing we really naeed, is tooooo work together, because we are an amazing coomunity and we have to get rid of those hackers.
Come on!

If you have any questions, feel free to inbox me!
Have a wonderful day at the MCGamer Network! <3​

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
The community needs to help too :)
If you go into the EU there's usually several people complaining about hackers. But at the EU Cleansweeps, there's usually a maximum of 10 community members. I understand people are busy, or maybe they help in other ways, but some people do completely nothing yet continue to complain :3

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Human ignorance.

That's the source of most of our problems here.

I, like Ceroria usually spend lots of time on the forums, and I can tell you that I've seen plenty of complaint threads, and threads that are the polar opposite of what this thread was.

The fact of the matter is, there is truth in this thread.

The mods are there to help, did you know that you have to pass a moderator application? Did you know that most people can't even control themselves when spamming in the lobbies? And for some reason, people look down to moderation of this, as a sign of laziness, but who are you to say that they aren't doing what they should? Why don't you start trying to make the place better, I know that informing helps the staff, and making opinions about the server helps them understand what the community is going through, but helping the server isn't limited to the staff team.

What about us, the players? What more can we do to help out this server that we enjoy? By spending time trying to find out the cracks of the system. Maybe then we can appreciate the work that is done, because most players completely ignore the fact that, oh, a disguise feature was added! Or, lb's were reset and that was voted by a majority!

You have to remember that this is a video game, no one can please everyone but more people trying to please would increase the amount of people who will be pleased.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci