• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ranks

agree?

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Anyone who bought quantum in 2014 knew what they were paying for. There were a lot more perks to buying quantum in 2014 (t-shirt signed by Chad, server box named after you). I can see how it would be frustrating to some of you but adding a completely new rank seems impractical.

Regarding the map maker rank - it's been pink long enough for people to know what it is, right? If people do think map makers are friends they generally ask.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
It's not a donation lmao.

http://shop.mcgamer.net

What do you see under each option? A big button that says "buy." And no where in the page does it say "Donate."

Legally, it is classified as a sale, and they must pay taxes on it; MCSG stopped using the misleading nomenclature of donor years ago.

Reaction score
And it's a donation...
If we were to be talking like it's a donation yes, it shouldn't have any perks.
But seriously man, more than 80% of the people that buy donator buy it for the perks. Yes, the donator ranks are made to be for donations, but people mostly (or actually ONLY) buy it for the perks.
MCSG has already realized that man.

platinum already has 5 votes
O sry forgot that, make it 6-8 let's say + add some other perks (or just add other perks)

Tbh the donator system is in a way badly made.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not a donation lmao.

http://shop.mcgamer.net

What do you see under each option? A big button that says "buy." And no where in the page does it say "Donate."

Legally, it is classified as a sale, and they must pay taxes on it; MCSG stopped using the misleading nomenclature of donor years ago.
Hmm... Dang seems I was wrong on that last time I bought donor was back in MCSGv1, thanks for pointing that out though.

Anyway, you still can't make any legal lawsuit against it tho since the webstore terms of agreement state
By purchasing upgrades to MCGamer Network you are not entitled to any physical or virtual good. Anything received will be as is and no warranty or guarantee it will always be available.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Here's my idea: Everyone keeps their perks, but gold becomes iron, diamond becomes gold, and platinum becomes diamond. The people who bought the new quantums are now platinums, and the old quantums stay quantum. Nothing changes but the quantums that payed a lot more get to keep their green name and show that they donated a special amount. Other than a name color there isnt much in-game difference between my idea's platinum and quantum. Everyone keeps their perks and the original high dollar quantums are happy again.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
MoLoToV we paid to have an exclusive rank that all the other community members didnt have. Yet now they allowed people to basically buy it for 30$ which is complete bull... You probably got given quantum and didnt actually buy it so I dont see why youd be standing against this other than you practically being selfish and wanting to have the highest donator rank :)

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
MoLoToV we paid to have an exclusive rank that all the other community members didnt have. Yet now they allowed people to basically buy it for 30$ which is complete bull... You probably got given quantum and didnt actually buy it so I dont see why youd be standing against this other than you practically being selfish and wanting to have the highest donator rank :)
I'm being selfish? :s And the rank is still exclusive man, you can't buy it normally in the shop.

Anyway, I can totally see where you are coming from, but that's just not how the world works...

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
I'm being selfish? :s And the rank is still exclusive man, you can't buy it normally in the shop.

Anyway, I can totally see where you are coming from, but that's just not how the world works...
Okay so lets say I make you a custom car and tell you itll be only for you. A year later over 50 people have it. Same thing...

N

Nikola

Anyone who bought quantum in 2014 knew what they were paying for. There were a lot more perks to buying quantum in 2014 (t-shirt signed by Chad, server box named after you). I can see how it would be frustrating to some of you but adding a completely new rank seems impractical.

Regarding the map maker rank - it's been pink long enough for people to know what it is, right? If people do think map makers are friends they generally ask.
With those 70$ I could do something better rather than having a t-shirt signed by chad or have a server box named after me.

Omar they we're low on donations so they had to do it lets be honest babe. I mean there's nothing wrong with being low on donations but letting other people buy a rank that around 30 people had it back in the day for twice less the price is ridiculous

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay so lets say I make you a custom car and tell you itll be only for you. A year later over 50 people have it. Same thing...
Yea, painfull, but to be expected =\

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci