• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PVP Keyboard Hotkeys

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
What's a macros mod? And what do you think a macro is?
The macro's mod is from my understanding a mod that lets you select different options to type something in chat. For example, a mod could have, "Don't spam the chat!" set to something and then when a mod selects that option it will put that in chat. However, the macro mod can also do a lot of other things which can be abused by players. Here is a video that shows it off, remember players, don't use it, it's illegal.
A macro is a extra key on a keyboard or mouse. That is legal, as it is impossible to regulate. This is from my understanding from what I have been told from staff. I could be wrong.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I constantly change my pvp set up because it just keeps it interesting seeing how I don't aspire to be a really good player anyways, but my controls are default( ahaha make fun of meh ;-; )

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Fun Fact: I used to use the arrow keys for movement when I first started playing because I was tired of forgetting the keys, with inventory being I. Bad, I know.
All my keys are default, left control for sprint and so on. I use hotkeys from 1-5, using a mouse bind for slot 4.
Hotbar set-up -
1- Sword
2- Bow
3- Rod
4-FnS
5-Gapple (maybe FnS)

For my food, I just scroll.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
The macro's mod is from my understanding a mod that lets you select different options to type something in chat. For example, a mod could have, "Don't spam the chat!" set to something and then when a mod selects that option it will put that in chat. However, the macro mod can also do a lot of other things which can be abused by players. Here is a video that shows it off, remember players, don't use it, it's illegal.
A macro is a extra key on a keyboard or mouse. That is legal, as it is impossible to regulate. This is from my understanding from what I have been told from staff. I could be wrong.
Most people don't differentiate between this certain difference:
Keybinds: Perform a singular action, usually replacing that of a keyboard key.
Macros: Performs multiple actions that replace that of many keyboard keys.

You do not need to have the macros mod to have macros, there is software available to download free. The majority of it comes with keyboards...
The reason that it is not allowed is because it creates an unfair advantage, people with macros can do an action in a shorter timespan, automatically. eg switch to fns, place it, and back to sword in a fraction of a second. Key-binds only replace something that is accessible to everyone and make it a small amount quicker, dependent on where you have your bind. As for the client-side macros mod, mods used to use it to save valuable time in warning chat offences. Staff members are not allowed to use it for game-play features, it is almost always used on MCSG for it's custom GUI function - a window pops up and you just click what you want to post in the chat. Hope this helped :D

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Most people don't differentiate between this certain difference:
Keybinds: Perform a singular action, usually replacing that of a keyboard key.
Macros: Performs multiple actions that replace that of many keyboard keys.

You do not need to have the macros mod to have macros, there is software available to download free. The majority of it comes with keyboards...
The reason that it is not allowed is because it creates an unfair advantage, people with macros can do an action in a shorter timespan, automatically. eg switch to fns, place it, and back to sword in a fraction of a second. Key-binds only replace something that is accessible to everyone and make it a small amount quicker, dependent on where you have your bind. As for the client-side macros mod, mods used to use it to save valuable time in warning chat offences. Staff members are not allowed to use it for game-play features, it is almost always used on MCSG for it's custom GUI function - a window pops up and you just click what you want to post in the chat. Hope this helped :D
This ^

Also I have big hands so I just use numbers lmao

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I keep pretty much everything the same in terms of keyboard hotkeys.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I mainly manage my inventory slots through my mouse buttons. Having a Naga helps with that :p

But as for my keyboard, I use "F" for zoom. That's pretty much the only weird thing.

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
FnS hotkey 1 & 4. Also, I use the 1 hotkey, to help me rod. I scroll to the rod and press the hotkey to hit with my sword.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I used to scroll and then changed about a year ago. It was difficult at first but once you've got used to it, hotkeying is godly.

I hotkey from 1-7, but can't reach much further so I use the 2 buttons on my mouse for 8-9.

1: sword
2: bow
3: rod
4: fns
5: fns/gapple
Rest is food

The only time I ever scroll is when I'm rodspamming since pressing 1 and 3 constantly makes it difficult to move.

Everything else is basically default, sprint on caps.

LeftClique

Spectator
Reaction score
$5 Logitech mouse has no hotkeys on it.
- F for OF zoom
- Ctrl for F5
- R for Sprint
Weird amirite?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads