• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Philly67's opinion on the chest update.

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Luv Ya Philly 10000000% Agree with you on that! There is NO NEED for the chest update !!!!
There should be one. Less food, Less arrows No pointless items and No Diamond armor. My opinion theses are the only things that need fixing.

MartynazLT

Survivor
Reaction score
There should be one. Less food, Less arrows No pointless items and No Diamond armor. My opinion theses are the only things that need fixing.
Also agree good thinking. Diamond armor and iron swords are too OP. 2x less arrows and less food.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, but I completely disagree on the topic of bones. If you didn't already know, bones ca be turned into bonemeal, which can be used to dye leather armor to make people think that you have iron. This works especially well on the chestplates.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why @Huahwi 's thread was locked, he was merely giving his opinion of the chest update and how it can be improved, he was only trying to help.
So true. None of the other threads relating to the chest update were closed, but Huahwi's was for some reason. Huahwi's thread was noticeably more negative compared to other threads, but that was just his opinion and couldn't be changed.
I think my thread got locked because for whatever reason people are talking about MCSG dying... which clearly it is growing each day. Moderators resigning doesn't mean MCSG is dying. Were here to talk about the chest update.
I agree with Huahwi's assessment of why his thread was locked. His OP was worthwhile and honest, while a little on the spicy side. He wasn't even one of the people who lead to his thread being locked. It is interesting that those same people who said such things are also the ones decrying our actions in response to them.

Regardless, this thread isn't to argue politics, and I don't want to lock another thread for deliberate derailing. We're here to discuss Philly's perspective on the Chest Update; everything else can be taken privately.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with Huahwi's assessment of why his thread was locked. His OP was worthwhile and honest, while a little on the spicy side. He wasn't even one of the people who lead to his thread being locked. It is interesting that those same people who said such things are also the ones decrying our actions in response to them.

Regardless, this thread isn't to argue politics, and I don't want to lock another thread for deliberate derailing. We're here to discuss Philly's perspective on the Chest Update; everything else can be taken privately.
Agreed. Lets stick to the chest update people.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score

Thank you for clearing everything up Col :)

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry, but I completely disagree on the topic of bones. If you didn't already know, bones ca be turned into bonemeal, which can be used to dye leather armor to make people think that you have iron. This works especially well on the chestplates.
So that's what bone does... I never knew. Depending on your texture pack, you can tell that it is dyed leather armor :(
Bones FTW.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
So that's what bone does... I never knew. Depending on your texture pack, you can tell that it is dyed leather armor :(
Bones FTW.
Yup. :)
My texture pack is actually quite off from Default (OCD Texture Pack if you wanted to know)
A white dyed chestplate and an iron chestplate look extremely similar, but you can distinguish them up close.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Reply to this thread before it gets locked.
Apparently giving opinions of something that is in beta and needing of players opinions is not allowed.
I'm not sure why @Huahwi 's thread was locked, he was merely giving his opinion of the chest update and how it can be improved, he was only trying to help.

Other than that I agree with every part of this thread, apart from the food. I personally like having a variety of different foods available.
Just saying, his thread was not locked because of his post (that was a misread on an admin's part; yes, we all make mistakes), however because of some of the other posts on the thread which eventually derailed a lot of the thread into a "MCSG is dying! Abandon ship!" thread. Our community is not dying and won't be dying anytime soon - we're here for the long haul, and we keep growing every day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci