• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Philly67's opinion on the chest update.

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Items in chests:
Clocks: Useless. Not needed.
Maps: Useless, doesn't work and not needed.
Compasses: Decent for beginners as it leads back to corn. My idea for the compass is to have them as a Tier 3 item and have them lead you to the closest player.
TNT: Good idea, adds another dimension to PvP
Less arrows: Good. Makes each arrow count.
Bones: Useless. Please get rid.
Sheers: I actually quite like these, especially on SG2 and Holiday Resort.
-- I Have to agree.

Crafting tables: NO. EASILY ABUSED. You can trap people inside house and use them to essentially block glitck on a mountain. Make it so it disappears after a few seconds. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS.
Diamond armour: No. Too OP. Diamond armour is a luxury item that you might be lucky to craft once every 50 games. Having it in chests is a huge no no.
Crafting Table -- I agree as this is what I said in a Perivous Post honestly, If they don't vanish after sometime it is a Little cheap and shouldn't be allowed...

Diamond Armour -- Well I've not Completely done that much Chest update yet but the Thing is the Diamond armour I think would be ok if maybe it was just boots because its not a horribly large increase there fore not changing much.

In all honesty, there is no need for a chest update. We the community are happy with chests at the moment and coming from an experienced, highly ranked player I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

All that needs to be changed in the chests are:
Less food, when I say less food I mean less types. We don't need cookies and watermelons as they give you the exact same saturation. No need for pumpkin pies or baked potatoes (Sorry Sub)
And no stacked feathers (5)
Don't include 5 flint as then we'll have an insane amount of arrows/an insane amount of FnS

So, Less food, less arrows and single feathers.
Thats all that needs to be put in the chest update. IMO.

The Items to create arrows do in fact need to be changed and be harder to get because a bow would easily wreck at this rate.

The Food Thing Does need Fixing I Can agree.

Well The chests weren't fixed just reverted back to its original state :D But Yes The Chest didn't need fixing but I mean I knew there would be an update but not this Drastic Maybe slowing doing it would have been fine.

joni171090

Survivor
Reaction score
Items in chests:
Compasses: Decent for beginners as it leads back to corn. My idea for the compass is to have them as a Tier 3 item and have them lead you to the closest player.
Crafting tables: NO. EASILY ABUSED. You can trap people inside house and use them to essentially block glitck on a mountain. Make it so it disappears after a few seconds. PLEASE DON'T LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS.
Diamond armour: No. Too OP. Diamond armour is a luxury item that you might be lucky to craft once every 50 games. Having it in chests is a huge no no.

In all honesty, there is no need for a chest update. We the community are happy with chests at the moment and coming from an experienced, highly ranked player I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Less food, when I say less food I mean less types. We don't need cookies and watermelons as they give you the exact same saturation. No need for pumpkin pies or baked potatoes (Sorry Sub)
Don't include 5 flint as then we'll have an insane amount of arrows/an insane amount of FnS

Stop blaming cookies Philly ;( i am the cookiemonster!
Joni171090 #TheLegends

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Items in chests:

-Compasses that points to the closest player in a tier 3? That is legit. Great idea!
-Crafting Tables? Wow, I forgot that you can use it to block people in a house or an area with a 2 block high exit...
-I like Diamond helmets in tier 3 :)
-Get rid of the cookies!

What the chest update should be...
-Tier 3 (No Crafting Table, Yes Diamond Helmet, Yes Iron Sword)
-Less food, arrows, and flint&steel!
-Add TNT! (New Item)

*With the current Chest Update Beta I believe it gave too much power to the person who found the tier 3. I always see that 1 guy with an iron sword and almost full iron armor and 15 other people with leather armor and a wooden axe. Unbalanced I'd say. Adding a Tier 3 with Iron Sword and Diamond Armor and decreasing the amount of items in tier 1 & 2 is a nono.*

Reply to this thread before it gets locked.
Apparently giving opinions of something that is in beta and needing of players opinions is not allowed.
I'm not sure why @Huahwi 's thread was locked, he was merely giving his opinion of the chest update and how it can be improved, he was only trying to help.

Other than that I agree with every part of this thread, apart from the food. I personally like having a variety of different foods available.
I think my thread got locked because for whatever reason people are talking about MCSG dying... which clearly it is growing each day. Moderators resigning doesn't mean MCSG is dying. Were here to talk about the chest update. And also, maybe I added a bit too much spice to my thread... I didn't want my thread to sound too formal, so i just added some pazazz! I put my heart and soul into that thread :{

Last edited:

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
I find the clock really useful! I always have it in my back pack because it helps me navigate the time of day. Even if I outside

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
So many good memories for clocks, compasses and maps they should stay.
Bones are useful as well, some maps have dogs and you can dye your armour white to trick people.
Crafting tables can have a system where you can't place anyway within 5 blocks radius of upper ground, so then you have to be somewhere flat to place it.

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I find the clock really useful! I always have it in my back pack because it helps me navigate the time of day. Even if I outside
If you want to know exactly how long until refill just type /tl (or timeleft) it will show you how many minutes there are left until force deathmatch. The first refill is at 17 minutes left and the second is at 4,5:)

MartynazLT

Survivor
Reaction score
Luv Ya Philly 10000000% Agree with you on that! There is NO NEED for the chest update !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci