• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Percentage voting system needed

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe at the beginning of the lobby, there should be a way to vote for which voting system to use? :p
Joking, of course, but we can't please everyone, and we found that most of our community prefers the old random voting system. Raffle voting is not gone forever - it may make a comeback in the future - but for now, it won't be coming back.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Maybe at the beginning of the lobby, there should be a way to vote for which voting system to use? :p
Joking, of course, but we can't please everyone, and we found that most of our community prefers the old random voting system. Raffle voting is not gone forever - it may make a comeback in the future - but for now, it won't be coming back.
Thanks for acknowledging this thread!

I am still wondering where the notion that the majority of the community prefers Raffle Voting comes from, though. According to the in-game poll, about 56% of people prefer Raffle Voting. Around the forums, a similar percentage of people seem to prefer the system.

I understand that the system is frustrating for the clan community because occasionally a minority that voted for an unpopular map gets voted and they have to find a new server, but at some point we have to answer the question of whether the clan community or the Youtube and in-game communities matter more.

Several threads have indeed been made about the frustrations of Raffle Voting, probably due to bouts of anger and annoyance combined with bad luck by members often active in the clan community, which will naturally happen. However, with many Youtubers now growing, many express the desire to play a wider variety of maps that would be made much easier by Raffle Voting. This should be taken into consideration, as a massive proportion of MCG players have joined due to Youtubers.

Better yet, we still have yet to come up with an effective compromise system. A few suggestions have been made:
  • Square the number of votes then apply Raffle Voting, making it much heavier for larger numbers.
  • A map must have at least 10% of the votes to be considered for Raffle Voting.
  • Only the top two maps out of the five are considered for Raffle Voting.
  • After a map has not been played for five games, it automatically starts out in the lobby with a vote. If not for ten games, then it starts with two votes, etc.
  • Every time a map gets played, the chances of it showing up in the next few dozen games are decreased slightly.
  • Raffle Voting such that once twenty votes have been cast, any map with over 50% of the votes is automatically chosen. If there is no majority, regular Raffle Voting is applied.
Please take into consideration some of these compromise voting systems, in particular the last one, which should satisfy donors and the clan community much more than regular members, as they will have more voting power and will not get knocked into an unwanted map if 30 votes have been cast for a map. Most regular members and solo players prefer Raffle Voting, on the lesser end of the spectrum.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks for acknowledging this thread!

I am still wondering where the notion that the majority of the community prefers Raffle Voting comes from, though. According to the in-game poll, about 56% of people prefer Raffle Voting. Around the forums, a similar percentage of people seem to prefer the system.

I understand that the system is frustrating for the clan community because occasionally a minority that voted for an unpopular map gets voted and they have to find a new server, but at some point we have to answer the question of whether the clan community or the Youtube and in-game communities matter more.

Several threads have indeed been made about the frustrations of Raffle Voting, probably due to bouts of anger and annoyance combined with bad luck by members often active in the clan community, which will naturally happen. However, with many Youtubers now growing, many express the desire to play a wider variety of maps that would be made much easier by Raffle Voting. This should be taken into consideration, as a massive proportion of MCG players have joined due to Youtubers.

Better yet, we still have yet to come up with an effective compromise system. A few suggestions have been made:
  • Square the number of votes then apply Raffle Voting, making it much heavier for larger numbers.
  • A map must have at least 10% of the votes to be considered for Raffle Voting.
  • Only the top two maps out of the five are considered for Raffle Voting.
  • After a map has not been played for five games, it automatically starts out in the lobby with a vote. If not for ten games, then it starts with two votes, etc.
  • Every time a map gets played, the chances of it showing up in the next few dozen games are decreased slightly.
  • Raffle Voting such that once twenty votes have been cast, any map with over 50% of the votes is automatically chosen. If there is no majority, regular Raffle Voting is applied.
Please take into consideration some of these compromise voting systems, in particular the last one, which should satisfy donors and the clan community much more than regular members, as they will have more voting power and will not get knocked into an unwanted map if 30 votes have been cast for a map. Most regular members and solo players prefer Raffle Voting, on the lesser end of the spectrum.
Okay, I really like those ideas and think that the last one should be implemented.

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm honestly okay with the popular vote, but it has come to a point where the only popular maps are ones that have good routes. Even then, people are almost afraid to play new maps like Par 72 (which has a TON of tier 2s btw).
I OBJECT!
I played something like 10 games today, and four of them were either on Par 72 or Adrenaline.

I agree with the topic, because Valleyside can only be played so many times...

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I OBJECT!
I played something like 10 games today, and four of them were either on Par 72 or Adrenaline.

I agree with the topic, because Valleyside can only be played so many times...
I believe that Valleyside in general should be on the rotation less, because all of the noobs without chest routes can still find good chests.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci