• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

People Who Leave When You Are About To Kill Them

Should Item Drop On Leave Be Implemented Again?

• Yes

Votes: 40 88.9%
  • Depends

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

GabeC

Spectator
Reaction score
When a player knows they are going to die, they do this just so they know you have that slightly smaller chance of winning. I see no reason why drops upon leaving shouldn't be implemented :)
:D Im a fan of your YT

Missmoll8

Survivor
Reaction score
What Arena said is true, but it's not the main reason. The main reason is to troll. The satisfaction you get from leaving after a person targets you for 10 minutes straight is unmeasurable. They get points but who cares about them anymore? loot = 0
Not everyone is targeting for 10 minutes. Which is more important - few times something happens like the targeting for 10 minutes, or the every time someone just leaves when they're about to die?

Depends how you view the situation I believe.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
With lots of Minecraft PVP servers they do not have battle logging enabled and as a result it is custom for a user to log. When the users move into MCSG they carry over their battle logging tactics as they figure the same customs apply here. You typically only see it from beginning players who don't know better: they do it in an attempt to save a few extra points. The only other case would be if the player you're about to kill dislikes you and logs so that you can't have their staff.

In any sense, yes I would agree that if a player logs they should drop all their stuff as it isn't really fair for the other player. Any way you look at the situation it isn't fair to the other user.
Your back :O

Atomic_

Experienced
Reaction score
People leave when they are about to die because if you leave before you die, it doesn't affect your records. It wouldn't count as a game played. To keep their ratio good.

donpolilla

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi,
In recent matches that i have played I have been about to kill somebody when suddenly they either just do /hub or disconnect so I am not able to get the stuff they had. I heard from another player that they used to have it where when somebody left and their stuff would still drop.
I think this needs to be done again and Im sure may other players will agree with me
:)
I really agree with you, it's annoying when someone just does combat log to troll you, thinking that they won't lose points or because they got a hacked client that does it automatically. The only downside I see is that when someone gets disconnected or his Minecraft crashes anyone can get there and get all the loot, but it should be done in a way that this didn't happen

E

EagleMan

With lots of Minecraft PVP servers they do not have battle logging enabled and as a result it is custom for a user to log. When the users move into MCSG they carry over their battle logging tactics as they figure the same customs apply here. You typically only see it from beginning players who don't know better: they do it in an attempt to save a few extra points. The only other case would be if the player you're about to kill dislikes you and logs so that you can't have their staff.

In any sense, yes I would agree that if a player logs they should drop all their stuff as it isn't really fair for the other player. Any way you look at the situation it isn't fair to the other user.
He was back, but was banned again...

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
A while ago, not sure how long ago, when a player left they would drop their stuff, maybe a change in the plugin made it so players wouldn't drop their stuff when they died? I'm sure it will be sorted out soon though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci