• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On block hitting

Is block hitting nooby?

• Total voters

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I think its a legit tactic, and it has helped me win some very close fights before. I don't use it all the time, as the way it slows you down can be annoying, and it isn't too difficult to avoid.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Since it takes years to actually be good with blockhitting, no.

If you're bad with blockhitting, it's like getting a hammer to punch in a nail that never moves. What's the point?
I actually managed to successfully block hit on my first try somehow. I guess because I don't straight block hit, I maintain it as long as I can then strafe, and typically enter a fight strafing then revert to block hitting if necessary.

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh. I thought block hitting had something to do with actual "blocks" not blocking xD. I personally dont like block hitting because it restricts movement and I excel at strafing :)

EDIT:

Also I have a problem with the third poll option. I like cookies but I love pie, and as a lover of pie I am offended

mmmm....pumpkin pie....
RC_4777 and HalfSquirrel tear him apart.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Twas an exaggeration.

Disagree, block hitting is very situational. It tight areas it is undoubtedly the way to go, on the other hand in open spaces it has its uses but typically loses to strafing.

Anyone who is able to hit the two buttons on your mouse can be an effective block hitter in close quarters, but only skilled block hitters can do it in open areas.
Every type of strategic PVP attack in MCSG has it's do's and don'ts, strafing is typically a bad idea in CQC, while blockhitting is just stupid out in the open. It's like getting a specialization in something. When you first start with your specialization, you can only make use in certain situations, but when you get better, you can open up your strategy a little, and use it better and in more situations.

Blockhitting, let's face it, you have to be REALLY good at it to knock strafers out anywhere. Any average blockhitter can serve a strafer CQC, but out in the open, I'd really only expect dying to Tomahawk in a situation like that, because you have to be so good at it.

My conclusion to this question: "Is blockhitting nooby?" is no.

Average blockhitter: Typically can only kill in CQC.
Pro blockhitter: Can kill amazingly in CQC, and fairly well out in the open.

Average Strafer: Typically can only kill in open areas.
Pro strafer: Can wipe out near to any enemy out in the open, and can be a fair match against pro blockhitters in CQC.

People have their opinions. I don't blockhit, I personally wouldn't want to waste so much practice, just to get good at something I'm never gonna use anyway, since I've already taught myself to be a par-strafer. But people choose what they choose, and either way, I can accept that.

So, my deep in response is that, blockhitting is not nooby.

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
It's as much a strategy as any other method. It does require a bit of skill to do, but to use it correctly is another thing which does require skill to be done effectively.

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
I used to find it difficult to block hit, however not only have I learned how to block hit, but I have to learned how to block hit / strafe at the same time which requires skill and a lot of time to learn. Most people are only capable of doing one at a time which is still pretty time consuming considering that you have to learn how to transition properly without screwing up your strafe. This proves that block hitting requires skill and time but then again, strafing and block hitting takes even more time to learn, but once you learn how to do it, you can't stop block hitting and strafing :p

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When RC Posted i thought you guys were "evolving" but seriously all you guys know is "Oh blockhitting beats strafing there and strafing beats blockhitting there!"

I use blockhitting everywhere, works perfectly and Beats strafing.Now there is one strategy that is really annoying if you do my blockhitting, which i will not name.
I seriously am sad of the things people are saying, especially the not so experienced players. I am not trying to offend anyone but seriously guys, you gonna learn more than just these basic things or gonna stay in the stone age?

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I only use it if I'm being hit, if I'm chasing it's too annoying, ESPECIALLY in water

Reaction score
Block hitting isn't nooby. Mostly depending on how you use it. I usually only block hit if I'm cornered, but if I'm out in an open space straifing usually does better for me. Just my opinion :p Most people will probably have different points of view on this.

ImProsaur

Tribute
Reaction score
In my opinion if you think block hitting is a nooby thing to do then you must think every pvp strategy is. Block hitting takes a while to learn and if your good at it use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci