• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Nova's ShipWreck (EliteVoltage build)

Should this map be added to MCSG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
What you are doing is not constructive criticism, you're just hating on his map. SG 3 has a huge jungle tree too, does that make much sense? Or the boat behind the vines on SG 1? He made a map that he likes, if other people like it, that's nice. If you don't like it you don't have to rant on about all the things that are bad about it. If you want something on the map to change then PM him but don't fill up the whole first page.
I dare to disagree. First off, what he said was legitimate criticism He found a problem with map and voiced his complaints in this thread. While his language could have been a little less abrasive, it was still proper criticism.

SG 3 has a huge jungle tree too, does that make much sense?
Yes, it does. Because the theme of that map is a jungle. Whereas the tree on this map has no rhyme or reason to being there. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Or the boat behind the vines on SG 1?
The boat behind the vines does fit into Survival Games 1. The underlying theme of the map is Middle Ages, as seen by the multiple castles and bridges scattered throughout the map. Also, the architecture on the spawn building and other structures on this map are highly reminiscent of Middle Ages manor houses. The ship is designed to look similar to those used during the Middle Ages.

He made a map that he likes, if other people like it, that's nice. If you don't like it you don't have to rant on about all the things that are bad about it.
Not quite. What you are saying here is that people should only put their opinions in a thread if they are positive. Feedback is not just the positive stuff. People posting negative feedback is what helps the map makers improve. By posting on a thread, it gives others the chance to counter their arguments.

This is from a guide to good criticism:
If you can't say something nice, say it anyway. If a map is pretty bad, you don't have to say nice things to make up for your criticisms. Again, the point is for your criticism to be effective, not to fluff someone's ego. If you can find good things to talk about (and most maps have at least something that was done right), it's great to let the mapmaker know, so you can help them build a good mental picture of what they need to work on. But you don't have to. If most of the map's bad, you don't need to search for something good to say.
Thank you for reading.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think that the plot needs to be thought through a lot, because at the moment it's a bit up in the air and no one really understands it.

I think the gameplay on this map wouldn't be too bad, but in saying that it's not a very appealing map.

Revise on your map, because MCSG are looking for maps of a higher standard in them. This map has some potential.

EliteReactionzz

Diamond
Reaction score
When someone creates offensive material like that it doesn't exactly make me want to give them good comments. I gave them criticism so that people who do not have time to download the map can see all the problems with it. The leader of this team did not want to take my constructive criticism earlier when I posted instead he chose to ignore it so what would be the point in trying to do so again?
I ignored it bcuz You were spamming the page

EliteReactionzz

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that the plot needs to be thought through a lot, because at the moment it's a bit up in the air and no one really understands it.

I think the gameplay on this map wouldn't be too bad, but in saying that it's not a very appealing map.

Revise on your map, because MCSG are looking for maps of a higher standard in them. This map has some potential.
ok Thanks at least you know how to say constructive criticism

flohoho

Survivor
Reaction score
When someone creates offensive material like that it doesn't exactly make me want to give them good comments. I gave them criticism so that people who do not have time to download the map can see all the problems with it. The leader of this team did not want to take my constructive criticism earlier when I posted instead he chose to ignore it so what would be the point in trying to do so again?
Why do you even bother to care so much? A map is not "offensive material" and like he said before the book was not written by him and can just be removed if you are freaking out so bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci