• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Commands

TrevorBrown

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello Tributes!
I was thinking of a few commands that could go into the MCSG servers, so I thought I might as well list them out below:

/spawn: Returns you to spawn as a spectator instead of waiting for the console to do so.
/spawn <username>: Spawns you as a spectator to a specific tribute.
/swears <on> <off> : Blanks out detected swearing. Ex. a**, d**n, h**l
/pm <username> <message> Sends someone a personal message which can be opened when they enter an MCSG server.
/mail open Opens any new mail recived. (PMs, notifications, etc.)
/bid <Username> <points> Allows a spectator to bid their own points on a person along with others. If that player looses, the number of points that they have get removed. If they win, the number of points that they bid will be added.
/help Shows the commands at MCSG. (/bounty, /joingame, etc.)
/mapinfo <map number> Shows the information for a map.
/specchat <on> <off> Turns the spectator chat on or off as a tribute in the games.

I thought these commands would work, hope you would like them! ;)

Acathine

Experienced
Reaction score
Apropos /specchat - there is a reason tributes can't see what spectators say; there would be all kinds of cheating going on, with people saying things like, "Hey Notch, behind you!" or "Weak person in the clock tower, kill them."

Apropos others... most of them aren't needed, or are already implemented. /info can be used to check the map and server info. /help isn't really needed. /bid is fairly similar to /bounty... it will get confusing if we have too much like that. And as previously mentioned, /spawn is already implemented as /spec.

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They disabled /help caus people found exploits in there to make themself op. (Well at the very start of these servers :p) thats the main reason its disabled.

Reaction score
I like bid kind of, it should only work while 15+ tributes are alive, as in the final 4 it's fairly obvious who's gonna win.

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
I wish the like /info command was a little bit more useful like says US 1 instead of just 1. I always get confused.... :(

Egrodo

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the bid command. It's similar to bounty but it allows an easier chance to transfer points inbetween players and it also gives players more of an incentIve to win instead having to kill players for points.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i like your idea especially "bid" but specchat for tributes would be really unfair, then the specs just could tell the good guys where people are!

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Another command i think would be appropriate is /spectate, which you can do during the lobby or while the game is setting up. This command would allow you to spectate the game if for some reason you don't want to actually be in the games. For example, if you have bad internet connection and you know you'll lag loads, or if you are missing a mouse to play with, which makes it a lot more difficult to kill people and be fast at the beginning. You may also want to watch a player's route, for if you don't have a good route but you know that player does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci