• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Nerf" donor privs *READ FIRST BEFORE YOU RAGE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Screwyougumby, No thats not the way it should be, thats Bullshit. How are you going to offer a public server, but then "WHOOPS you didn't donate.....well fck you, ya non-donor" Thats what this whole thing is about? the damn money?
*facepalm* The world is run by business, people don't run charitable servers so people can play for free. It is a public server, but why should you be able to freeload when everyone else is paying their worth? You may say that I am not a donor, but I have donated probably 5 times.

It takes time for Chad and the developers to work on the servers, so there is no doubt that Chad wants to make money off of it. They allow non-donors to play, but if a donor wants to play then a non-donor is going to be removed from the game. That is what you call loyalty to the people who are actually supporting the servers, trust me it would be more efficient to run less servers and have no room for non-donors, but MCSG hopes that non-donors will like these servers and choose to donate. You don't understand business, and you clearly don't understand much about supporting yourself or a family for that matter.

NYGold

Spectator
Reaction score
This is the only major server that i've played that runs so ALL OF THE BUNNIES up like this.other servers you can do all this REASONABLE stuff as donor. You may as well rename this server MCSG:pAY2PLAY. and I do know buisness, but I also know when you have to basically kiss someones ass, for them to buy your product, you have a shitty product

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
This is the only major server that i've played that runs so ALL OF THE BUNNIES up like this.other servers you can do all this REASONABLE stuff as donor. You may as well rename this server MCSG:pAY2PLAY. and I do know buisness, but I also know when you have to basically kiss someones ass, for them to buy your product, you have a shitty product
I don't quite know what you were trying to say in the second sentence, so I will just ignore that. Minecraft servers should be run like this, and this is for a reason. A lot of people want to play these servers, so in turn MCSG provides enough servers that you can try out their product, but it is hard to play a lot unless you are donor. It is a good idea, if there were 500 servers no one would donate because everyone could get into a server then there is no more MCSG. If there are lets say 50 servers, then only donors can join so you essentially have no new consumers. The current number of servers provides incentive for people to donate, and new people can also have the opportunity to play and will see the reasons to donate. I just explained to you how supply and demand work.

NYGold

Spectator
Reaction score
How we got to this point, I don't know. what does any of this have to do with the unfair advantages of donors. This community is run off the selfish prick who will only donate to be assholes on the server. And the owners don't have enough faith in their own service, and community to rely on donations with reasonable perks. and you obviously believe this too. Also the second setence in my other reply said rename it MCSG: Pay2Play

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
How we got to this point, I don't know. what does any of this have to do with the unfair advantages of donors. This community is run off the selfish prick who will only donate to be assholes on the server. And the owners don't have enough faith in their own service, and community to rely on donations with reasonable perks. and you obviously believe this too. Also the second setence in my other reply said rename it MCSG: Pay2Play
It is easier to play if you pay, as it should be but it is not impossible to play if you don't pay. Since you are 21, I'm quite surprised that this seems to blow your mind.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
if you aren't giving them money, they don't really care about you.
Whoa there. That's a bit...off.

All regular players are treated equally to donors in terms of banning, getting staff, etc. (In fact, I've noticed that many new staff members tend not to be donors these days.) The only way in which they are treated different is the perks of which they paid to get. (Donor kicking priority, colored name, etc.)

We very much do care about the non-donors. We added a lot more servers a couple months ago when we noticed a problem with regular users having a hard time getting in. If you go to the right person, they can tell you it's actually quite easy to get into a server if you know how. (This might be semi-region dependent.)

I can suggest that you try to join high number servers. (like 30-50 in the US and EU.) Low number servers are where many of the donors tend to stick around, and the high number ones also fill more slowly. When playing games with my non-donor friends, we actually find it quite easy to get into games doing this method. It's pretty rare that one of them gets kicked.

Edit: As for donors leaving and rejoining:

Unless there is a bug in place, this should be pretty much impossible. The most times you could join a server before the game starts is twice. There should be a cooldown for the kick feature.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Whoa there. That's a bit...off.

All regular players are treated equally to donors in terms of banning, getting staff, etc. (In fact, I've noticed that many new staff members tend not to be donors these days.) The only way in which they are treated different is the perks of which they paid to get. (Donor kicking priority, colored name, etc.)
Yeah, it is a little bit off, but the point of having slots open for regular members is in the hopes that they will also become donors, you can't deny that that is the purpose. The number of servers is designed to fit the needs of the tributes, but to also make tributes pressured to donate. Pressured isn't quite the right word, but the point that I am trying to make is there have to be few enough servers so it is hard to get into them.

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
First of all, tone down your language as it makes you look very immature and it can be found very offensive to donors. Now with donors kicking people, there is a cool down system that disallows people to abuse their donor privileges. Donors have paid for their rank so we are not going to change it. If you do see someone abusing their donor power contact the staff about it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
They are donations not purchases, but player's recieve small complimentary perks for doing so to encourage them. I can almost guarantee without these very tiny perks (I call them tiny, because on other servers they tend to milk donations by giving spawned diamonds, buffs in exchange which change the game) we'd barely have over 20 servers here without some help.

Donators cannot join, kick, leave and rejoin as the servers disallow this. Attempting to rejoin too soon will result in a cool-down and donators are not exempt to the rules. The probability of being kicked is actually, very, very low your results are exaggerated at the least, do keep in consideration that there are over 100 servers and the amount of donators on at a time tend to be below the 10% of players.

If you find the a donator, or any player infact are intentionally abusing their rights are breaking any of the rules please send us a report abuse through this forum; http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/report-abuse/.

This thread is now locked, please contact a staff member via a private message through the forums if you have any further questions or complaints.

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you are in a game and a donor is joining and leaving just to kick people (which they can't because of a cooldown) please screenshot it and send it in as a 'report abuse'. This thread is very abusive and can very easily become a flame war so i am locking it.

Feel free to message me with any questions
-ARB1T3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci