• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mute for Spamming, not Kicking

What should the punishment be for spamming ingame?

• Total voters

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
With the current issues with the spamming filter, I'm getting sick of being kicked for saying just "?" I think that muting the "spammers" is a better idea than kicking them. Also, this way, people won't be kicked mid-game.

kricken

Career
Reaction score
We're working on fixing the anti-spam bugs, but we're also preoccupied with multiple other issues.
You'll have to be patient with this one- we're moving through a bunch of bugs right now.
As for having no spam guard? It really is doing its job.. The thing is that it's doing a little bit more than
it's supposed to be doing. And kicking players for spamming is completely fair, as is banning them.

tysorowe

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes I've played like ten games and all of them I have been kicked

Reaction score
I have to agree... Kicking them is fair, we're not arguing with that, until this is fixed muting them is probably a good momentary solution....

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
The mute? Should last til end of lobby. If in game (which is rare), then spammer is silenced for 5-10 minutes. If they get a second strike, silenced for 20 minutes.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
That must say something about how you were acting in those ten games......
This is part of the reason why I rarely chat in lobbies and mostly ignore chat unless someone says my name...Not only do I have hardly anyone in the lobby I want to talk to, but it's things like getting kicked that I want to avoid.
(Although, you are right...you can't get kicked 10 games in a row unless you are obviously chatting "wrong", or in other words, he should work on saying everything in one block of text instead of separating it, that's usually the main cause of it kicking you, and it technically does flood chat.)

A_Fleming

Spectator
Reaction score
I've wrote a single message, a few words long and have been kicked for spam. Also, adding emoticons in a seperate message has got me kicked.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the automatic kick comes from posting twice within a certain time. This is probably from the server having trouble determining if the two messages are the same or from checking the time sent before checking the content.

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
Just to be clear, my idea isn't to scrap the anti-spamming mod or be less strict. My idea to to mute spammers instead of kicking them. This way, people who are mistakenly classified as spammers aren't kicked for no reason and real spammers can't annoy others (I've known some spammers to log back in).

Tritent9009

Tribute
Reaction score
i think there should be no spam kick or mute due to many reasons. i hate haveing a convosation with a person i havent seen in ages then 4 msgs later stop spamming your risking a ban.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci