• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mute for Spamming, not Kicking

What should the punishment be for spamming ingame?

• Total voters

Travis007

Survivor
Reaction score
I am not in a skype call with Nitride but team with the clan in game. I write Watch out there is a guy coming!!
Then Run! And it says Be careful u will be kicked for spam or smth. Then I said 1 more thing and bam. Retarded... Shouldnt get kicked in game becuz u probably arent actually spamming...

Reaction score
I am not in a skype call with Nitride but team with the clan in game. I write Watch out there is a guy coming!!
Then Run! And it says Be careful u will be kicked for spam or smth. Then I said 1 more thing and bam. Retarded... Shouldnt get kicked in game becuz u probably arent actually spamming...
Agreed, why should you get kicked in game? What idiot would spam during a match?

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I think a kick is good. Why mute them? They do it on purpose.
I think they should be kicked the first time and banned for a week the second time. And the third time permanent ban.

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
No, just have a system that will keep doubling their ban time. A spam is not serious enough to merit a permanent unless they spam with heavy language.

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
I think a kick is good. Why mute them? They do it on purpose.
I think they should be kicked the first time and banned for a week the second time. And the third time permanent ban.
The mod isn't perfect. I've been kicked midgame without warning for saying "?" twice. Being kicked after waiting 5 minutes is frustrating and really annoying. Muting spammers would stop them from bugging others and prevent people who aren't spamming from being wrongfully kicked.

sabshupe101

Career
Reaction score
I say kick is fine, but sensitivity should be brought WAY down. I get kicked just for typing fast.

Example:
(me) Hey guys!
(Someone says something immediently)
(I give reply)
YOU CANNOT SPAM THE CHAT!

Ass Kicka

Spectator
Reaction score
When I log on I do /l to see if I was within the first 12 people to join. Then I do /v to see what the maps are and /v # to vote and often /skip. I get kicked often because of this and it's really annoying.

MUTING will stop spammers and not be too draconian for people who aren't actually spamming. I think muting is a perfect solution.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I've got a feeling that the NoCheatPlus configuration hasn't really been touched since NoCheatPlus was the plugin used for preventing cheating. That being said, I'm starting to revert the NoCheatPlus configurations across all the servers to see if this makes a difference. From some people in TeamSpeak, the only guys I've confirmed this with, the anticheat has been much more fair to them. Can't say chat wise, but in general it apparently has been.
Note: The MCSG plugin does not handle spam kicking/muting; that's all NoCheatPlus, thus this post.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Really? I agree with muting rather than kicking but... if it was myself... id tempban them lol :p Is theres one thing that irritates me the most is spamming... they annoy me even more than hackers XD But, even though... i understand what you mean with this :p I agree with muting, since kicking would just make them go to another server to spam in :eek:

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I honestly think they need to be kicked, spammers are annoying. By spam I mean posting the same message over and over, not counting down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci