• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moo's PvP/MCSG Guide

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice guide! Very through. However...
With mountain pvp, being above someone is only sometimes an advantage. There's a fair amount of disagreement over whether it's better to be above or below.
Block hitting is easily outclassed by strafing unless you're in an enclosed space like solar frost.

Those are my only two complaints. Thanks for the time and effort!

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Nice guide! Very through. However...
With mountain pvp, being above someone is only sometimes an advantage. There's a fair amount of disagreement over whether it's better to be above or below.
Block glitching is easily outclassed by strafing unless you're in an enclosed space like solar frost.

Those are my only two complaints. Thanks for the time and effort!
Most people say it's better to be below. Generally, it is. However, if you can pull it off right, you can get a much larger advantage by being on top.
Block-hitting*? Block glitching isn't allowed :p

I wrote the guide to help players on MCSG, it was my pleasure *Bows*

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Most people say it's better to be below. Generally, it is. However, if you can pull it off right, you can get a much larger advantage by being on top.
Block-hitting*? Block glitching isn't allowed :p

I wrote the guide to help players on MCSG, it was my pleasure *Bows*
lol, meant block-hitting :p
*Quietly edits previous post*

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This is really good and I'm sure it'll help alot of people!

Them drawing skills in the middle doe.
Uhhhh

I'm not sure if you just insulted me, insulted him, complimented the guide, or posted that picture on the wrong thread. As far as I can tell, it could be any of or all 4 xP

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Updated 12/6/13
  • Height Advantages -> Altitude Differences, changed content.
  • Altered formatting slightly.
  • Changed conclusion section.

PiggzCanFly

Diamond
Reaction score
Very, very detailed, great job. Although i lost interest after the first 5/6 paragraphs I can tell this took you a long time. Alot of players will gain from this.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
FINALLY! I love it when people produce stuff like this, especially when it's detailed and gets into every nook and cranny of detail. And STRAFING! People are always sticking with the fishing rod tactic, and then I easily kill them, only to be called a hacker the next time I see them. I love it when people use strafing as a technique, as it makes for an interesting fight. It's also awesome to watch so hopefully this thread will promote it as a successful technique.

Good post, certainly should be sticked (or given some more attention, at least).

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
FINALLY! I love it when people produce stuff like this, especially when it's detailed and gets into every nook and cranny of detail. And STRAFING! People are always sticking with the fishing rod tactic, and then I easily kill them, only to be called a hacker the next time I see them. I love it when people use strafing as a technique, as it makes for an interesting fight. It's also awesome to watch so hopefully this thread will promote it as a successful technique.

Good post, certainly should be sticked (or given some more attention, at least).
Wow, thanks! :)

GreatKhan

Spectator
Reaction score
On the stunning part, what do you mean by performed acurately? How would i ahcieve the "perfect" amount of speed required, thx :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci