• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Merge the websites?

Torperion

Tribute
Reaction score
Heya MCSG community.

So since this server is now a part of the huge community known as MCGamer, I was thinking merging the 3 websites in this network would be appropriate as well. By doing this, all 3 game modes for the network could easily be discussed in one place, and announcements that affect the entire network could be placed in one website for everyone to notice. A merge in websites would also attract more attention to the other gamemodes (In regard to mapmakers and moderating), which is a main reason why the server merge occurred in the first place. People from the MCTF2 (And possibly MCZC, but I think all the users there are just from MCSG. :p) could post their suggestions for the network in a place that will actually get noticed as well, rather then the dead forums left to them since MCGamer came into existence. It might cause a bit of confusion and annoyance at first, but it's probably the best way to go.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rushed, as it kinda was, but still gets the general point across. Comments and critique are welcome, and hopefully this'll be implemented in the near future!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Heya MCSG community.

So since this server is now a part of the huge community known as MCGamer, I was thinking merging the 3 websites in this network would be appropriate as well. By doing this, all 3 game modes for the network could easily be discussed in one place, and announcements that affect the entire network could be placed in one website for everyone to notice. A merge in websites would also attract more attention to the other gamemodes (In regard to mapmakers and moderating), which is a main reason why the server merge occurred in the first place. People from the MCTF2 (And possibly MCZC, but I think all the users there are just from MCSG. :p) could post their suggestions for the network in a place that will actually get noticed as well, rather then the dead forums left to them since MCGamer came into existence. It might cause a bit of confusion and annoyance at first, but it's probably the best way to go.

Sorry if this sounds a bit rushed, as it kinda was, but still gets the general point across. Comments and critique are welcome, and hopefully this'll be implemented in the near future!
They were talking about this and I'm pretty sure that they are going to do this.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Heya MCSG community.

hmmm

No

Torperion

Tribute
Reaction score
Pixel (And anyone responding to this thread), I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to explain your option, rather then just stating 'NO' in the thread. It's a reasonable suggestion (At least I believe so), and a 2 letter response contributes nothing to the discussion. :p

@Any mods reading this thread: Think someone can add a poll into the thread asking people if they want this implemented? Thanks in advance. ^^

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Pixel (And anyone responding to this thread), I'd appreciate it if you could take the time to explain your option, rather then just stating 'NO' in the thread. It's a reasonable suggestion (At least I believe so), and a 2 letter response contributes nothing to the discussion. :p

@Any mods reading this thread: Think someone can add a poll into the thread asking people if they want this implemented? Thanks in advance. ^^
They are going to implement this. ;)

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score

I dont want them to implement this because I want MCSG to stand alone. I dont want MCSG to become more like the hive, if this happens MCSG will not be Minecraft Survival Games, it'll become MCgamer. which I dont want to happen.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
We'd love to do it, but that's a metric ton of data we'd have to carry over, with no good way to do so. Remember that we have over 175,000 unique members and over half a million messages compiled over a year or so on the minecraftsurvivalgames forums alone. We'd have to manually transfer everything over, piece by piece, member by member, to reconstruct it on another website. We could alternatively move the content from MCTF2 and Zedchase onto here, but that'd still be a ton of work and still wouldn't fully accomplish our MCGamer-centered goal.

It's one of those, "Geez, that's harder than we thought" ideas. As a stop-gap, we've centralized on the most popular of the forums, MCSG. One day we'll get around to moving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci