• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCTF2 Returns!

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
The game is really fun! While I'm not that big of a TF2 player, I do enjoy this game though I wish health would be buffed slightly. I'm not sure how it is in the game, but dying is incredibly quick, even from the weaker classes. Here are a few more suggestions:

-Give Heavy a strength potion effect so he can use his fists LIKE A MAN!!

-Perhaps make it so that you only get a instakill as sniper if it is a headshot (you can detect this, MCPVP has done it.)

-Perhaps add a tutorial section for some characters.. I still can't figure out how to use spy.

-Make the map larger and spread the spawn farther away, it's currently too easy to spawn-camp (especially with how easy it is to be one-shot.)

-Donor perks

-Leaderboards and stats

Looking forward to seeing how this gametype improves!

[EDIT]: NERF TURRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!11!!11!!!

Last edited:

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am new to MCTF2 since I wasn't here at the start so I will be looking forward to it. Anyways, any Tf2 build contests? #TF24Lyfe ^

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
5 Developer for that, way too many Developers. Keeping up Games doesnt need many Developers. Since its more like Maps and Stuff coming from others Parts.
Let me outline for you the current roles and responsibilities of our developers.
dv90 - one of the CubedHost owners, gives advice and helps out regarding any performance issues where necessary.
subv3rsion - other CubedHost owner, acts as the primary system administrator for the 35+ dedicated server boxes necessary to run this community.
kpwn243 - main web developer, usually working on our staff panel and other improvements to our website.

Now let me lead you into the current roles and responsibilities of the two main plugin developers...
Myself - lead developer/system designer, currently working on a large reworking of our internal system to better make use of the server space we have, make our system as a whole easier to maintain, and other cool features.
Rusty - gametype developer (also our newest developer), currently working on ... you guessed it ... MCTF2.

Keeping up games may not need many developers, but in our fast-paced and quickly changing community, all 5 of us can't drop all of our other tasks to collaborate on one.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
MCTF2 brings back so many memories of when my cousin and I used to play this and practically dominate everyone. Glad to see it back! :3

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
The game is really fun! While I'm not that big of a TF2 player, I do enjoy this game though I wish health would be buffed slightly. I'm not sure how it is in the game, but dying is incredibly quick, even from the weaker classes. Here are a few more suggestions:

-Give Heavy a strength potion effect so he can use his fists LIKE A MAN!!

-Perhaps make it so that you only get a instakill as sniper if it is a headshot (you can detect this, MCPVP has done it.)

-Perhaps add a tutorial section for some characters.. I still can't figure out how to use spy.

-Make the map larger and spread the spawn farther away, it's currently too easy to spawn-camp (especially with how easy it is to be one-shot.)

-Donor perks

-Leaderboards and stats

Looking forward to seeing how this gametype improves!

[EDIT]: NERF TURRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!11!!11!!!
I have an idea for the bow. Maybe the more you draw it back the more damage it'll do. For example:
Single drawback = power 2
Double drawback = power 3
Full drawback = power 4
Full drawback + waiting 1 second = power 5 (or maybe insta-kill)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci