• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Unoffical Tournament interest

Ben Critchley

Survivor
Reaction score
Hiya,

It has been suggested by a few players that tournaments may be a good idea in the game. Therefore i am going to try to start my own MCSG tournament on my server, which would be filmed and placed on you tube with commentary.

Currently i am having trouble with some of the plugins available so chests are a bit unbalanced right now. (Tier 1 and tier 2 chests have equal chance to spawn good items such as iron swords, and a lack of diamonds / ingots in the game) But am trying to find a work around for this.

If you would be interested in participating in these tournaments please leave a reply here so i know exactly how much interest there would be and if it is worth me spending the necessary time setting all of this up and ironing out the problems.

Also any suggestions you could think of please leave here. I may look into hosting some games on community created maps as this would remove the problem of tier chests as not many players would know the difference. I think this would make the matches quite interesting.

Anyway leave you're thoughts and interests please!

Thanks!

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
It would be beyond awesome if you could do this.
I've been wanting to do it myself for quite a while, but just haven't had the time to do it.
I support you and this idea 120% and hope that you can complete the server and work around your problems.
Thanks so much for trying to put this idea into motion. I hope that it works, i know it would make a lot of people (myself included) extremely happy.

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sure, i'll be a part of it but make it be challenging not like normal mcsg game.

Ben Critchley

Survivor
Reaction score
Sure, i'll be a part of it but make it be challenging not like normal mcsg game.
How so do you mean, how would you like the game to be made more challenging. Would using unofficial mcsg maps where people don't have chest routes etc achieve this?

Ideas are appreciated as i was first of all looking to make it as much like the official game as possible.

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
I know I probably won't win (okay, definately won't win), but it would still be fun to participate. :)

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How so do you mean, how would you like the game to be made more challenging. Would using unofficial mcsg maps where people don't have chest routes etc achieve this?

Ideas are appreciated as i was first of all looking to make it as much like the official game as possible.
More skilled players, like try getting as much as possible high ranked players.

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score

I think you should still use the original maps, but how about making tier 2 chests even rarer than they are in the actual game?

Ben Critchley

Survivor
Reaction score
More skilled players, like try getting as much as possible high ranked players.
Yeh i was thinking this, it all depends on the amount of players but putting people into brackets. So that all the higher ranked players will face each other and all the lower ranked players will face each other, then in the final games the previous top few (again depending on how many matches were played previous) Would face each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci