• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Staff...

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
I got kicked for spamming because I said hi ONCE
There are two possible solutions to this case:

1. You are lying and really did spam it or did some other abusive trash talk
2. Another abusive player was online and had the same beginning letter as your name and the moderator quickly hit the enter quick without realising TAB had chosen the wrong name. If this happened, then we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
There are two possible solutions to this case:

1. You are lying and really did spam it or did some other abusive trash talk
2. Another abusive player was online and had the same beginning letter as your name and the moderator quickly hit the enter quick without realising TAB had chosen the wrong name. If this happened, then we are sorry for the inconvenience.
If a mod kicked him for that reason. That would be abuse. Right?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
If a mod kicked him for that reason. That would be abuse. Right?
Its not abuse if they accidently kicked. I have done this in the past. It's a common mistake actually. As long as it isn't a ban... it's not something you really need to worry about.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Its not abuse if they accidently kicked. I have done this in the past. It's a common mistake actually. As long as it isn't a ban... it's not something you really need to worry about.
I figured. But lets say. Someone kicks him on purpose. Thats abuse. If its by accident. Then its fine.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
I figured. But lets say. Someone kicks him on purpose. Thats abuse. If its by accident. Then its fine.
Depends what type of "on purpose", if it was to stop a spammer, then its not abuse, but if its just a random kick, then yes, its abuse.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Everyone works differently, and not everyone's work gets seen equally. For example, I've never kicked or banned anyone ingame, but I'm constantly active elsewhere in other areas and aspects that people don't see (or even realize exist).

We can't expect everyone to be our perfect moderation drones, because that puts a ton of undue stress on moderators. If that were true, the mods would have to moderate all of the following at the same time: these forums, TeamSpeak, Survival Games, Creative, Survival, The Hubs, the Chats, and their own staff business. That is a nearly impossible workload that no one in their right mind would volunteer to take on all at the same time. It would be great if we could get mods to do that, but that's just not realistic.

We put more focus on ingame moderation because that's where more people are, and where active moderation is needed more often. To be honest, the forums are pretty easy to moderate. It really babysits itself whilst making moderation very easy with a number of tools for us to use. At the same time, there will always be a larger proportion of players ingame than on our forums, so we have more trouble-makers and rulebreakers ingame. That's why we want to focus our moderation duties there.

And plus, forum posting isn't everything. The forums are a source of communication with the community, but the community doesn't revolve around the forums. You don't need 100+ posts to know what it takes to moderate, much in the same way we deny moderator applications with 5,000+ posts because they aren't fit to moderate here.
There is a difference tho col_star :p when you were hired.. you were our community manager. You weren't hired to help moderate our servers. You really don't work in this situation lol. You do tons of stuff behind the scenes that most non mods would have no clue about. Most admins/sr staff focus more on the more in depth things instead of the in game stuff that goes on. In game bans are more of a plain old moderators job.

I agree that in game should be the focus, but all mods need to have a clear understanding of how to moderate every place(teamspeak, in game, hub, forums, etc). I know when I was a mod, I had no clue how to moderate the forums or even teamspeak for that matter. It was never taught so therefore it was never done. I am assuming the players with less than 50 posts either just don't try to moderate the forums, or don't know how. I am not saying that these guys need demoted or anything just cuz they haven't posted on the forums or anything, but it needs to be said that they need to be able to do things other than JUST in game. Even if it is a simple thing such as report abuse. Not saying that it needs to be done everyday..just it needs done here and there. More then NEVER lol.

Take a look at this, it comes straight from your mod applications.

I, {Name Here}, accept the responsibilities by donating my own time by watching over the MCG Community and agree that any mistake or action not approved by the administration could result in permanent ban or removal from the website.

It is.. a moderators duty to donate their own time.. watching over the mcg community. The community is everything. It is forums, in game, hub, teamspeak. If you can't agree to at least moderator a little of everything, you shouldn't accept.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
There is a difference tho col_star :p when you were hired.. you were our community manager. You weren't hired to help moderate our servers. You really don't work in this situation lol. You do tons of stuff behind the scenes that most non mods would have no clue about. Most admins/sr staff focus more on the more in depth things instead of the in game stuff that goes on. In game bans are more of a plain old moderators job.

I agree that in game should be the focus, but all mods need to have a clear understanding of how to moderate every place(teamspeak, in game, hub, forums, etc). I know when I was a mod, I had no clue how to moderate the forums or even teamspeak for that matter. It was never taught so therefore it was never done. I am assuming the players with less than 50 posts either just don't try to moderate the forums, or don't know how. I am not saying that these guys need demoted or anything just cuz they haven't posted on the forums or anything, but it needs to be said that they need to be able to do things other than JUST in game. Even if it is a simple thing such as report abuse. Not saying that it needs to be done everyday..just it needs done here and there. More then NEVER lol.
As mentioned before, servers are more important that the forums. Servers need more attention. The forums are looked after by a few moderators who choose to do it and then Sr. Mods and up. The forums are never left unmoderated, report abuses always get dealt with. Forums complaints/flame wars/spammers/abusive content are also dealt with.
Forums are more of a job for Sr. Mods+ since they have more perms for the forums than us moderators.

Besides, if the mod gets confused about how to deal with something, he can just ask the other moderators for help or at the help guides we have.

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm just really bothered by the incorrect use of "there" in the original post.......
We don't really know the back story to every moderator that is inactive. As long as they keep their superiors informed and updated, their absence can/should be excused.

ChallengerSRT

Experienced
Reaction score
If people keep saying you have hax
And a admin or mod is on
Will the admin or mod ban me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member