• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG redoing ALL the tiers? My thoughts.

Do you think we should keep the maps I named untouched?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustlThelWorst

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, some maps have tiers that don't need to be changed. So what is the point of changing them? The only thing that I noticed was when the U.S. servers were updated to 1.7 some(didn't notice very many) maps lost some tier twos. Examples: Holiday, SG4, Avaricia. Not sure if was on purpose but they could fix that if it wasn't.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Something like that might work.
I actually really like the idea, because then MCSG really becomes a question of who is the better PvP'er, not the better route. (Keeping in mind a good 10% of MCSG is at least is luck.)

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
If you get demoted.. XD
Why would he be demoted for stating his opinion?

Anyways, I agree. Some maps such as Avaricia definitely need to be re-tiered, but other maps such as Valleyside are perfectly fine and shouldn't be changed.
I actually really like the idea, because then MCSG really becomes a question of who is the better PvP'er, not the better route. (Keeping in mind a good 10% of MCSG is at least is luck.)
Remember, MCSG is the survival games, not the PvP games; Having a good route is part of being a good SG player.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Why would he be demoted for stating his opinion?

Anyways, I agree. Some maps such as Avaricia definitely need to be re-tiered, but other maps such as Valleyside are perfectly fine and shouldn't be changed.

Remember, MCSG is the survival games, not the PvP games; Having a good route is part of being a good SG player.
I actually think this can put more emphasis on having a good route. If you are able to develop new good routes quickly, you can beat those without new routes.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
As stated in the update thread, we are retiring the maps to keep gameplay fresh and new for everyone, not just because we feel like it. It's been quite obvious that much of the community finds that games have gotten repetitive and boring, so we are taking action to change that. Honestly, if we didn't listen to the community, we would have probably wiped all maps off of MCSG, restarted choosing community maps, and made teirs completely random.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I think when it was written that all maps would be re-tiered, it was generalized a bit much. The finer details of it have not been discussed, just the idea has been brought up. During the most recent meeting a few weeks back, a suggestion for re-tiering poorly tiered maps was brought up. By poorly tiered, we mean maps that have only one or two routes that completely outshine all others and provide no variation with routes and are generally over powered. One example is Rugged Lands. There is (or was, it was mentioned that it was fixed a while back but I'm not sure if it was updated) one route that have about 6-8 tier twos (I don't know the exact numbers on it). All the tier twos are pushed over on one side of the map while the other half has relatively no chests and is barren in terms of attempting to develop routes there. This is the kind of issue we wish to fix, not maps that seem fair and balanced. In my honest opinion (and this is just coming from me) there are quite a few maps that are perfectly fine- Survival Games 4, Icarus, and Holiday Resort. I didn't mention Valleyside even though it was listed on this thread because in my opinion, it should be SLIGHTLY tweaked on one side (the area around the football field, the well, the carport, and that building next to it). There are an abundance of tier twos here compared to others. Not all should be removed, I'm simply saying that area should be just slightly tweaked (maybe changing 1 or 2 tier twos to tier one). I do plan to bring up making a list during the next meeting of what I believe should be completely re-tiered, what should slightly tweaked, and what should be left alone.

If you have any questions pertaining any issue with this matter, please just ask :)

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
by re-tier we do not mean change the tiers by that we mean we need to re add all the chests and change SOME NOT ALL if i had been asked instead of people jumping to concussions i could have answered this im starting to get a little annoyed with people not asking me simple questions by VOICE as i do not like typing plus im pretty sure i said this at the bottom of the other thread

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Valleyside is well tiered? Kos and her team just went around spamming chests everywhere. 430+ chests on a 250~ radius map.

Go home, Theo. You're drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci