• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG redoing ALL the tiers? My thoughts.

Do you think we should keep the maps I named untouched?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I'll start off with this screenshot:

Let me explain.

Too long? Just read the bold.

--------------------------------------------

Recently, the Map Committee made an announcement on the forums. They said they were going to add in new deathmatch arenas in addition to fixing some bugs on the new maps. I liked this. MCSG is going to get some sweet new gameplay (nothing too major), and fix some stuff. Sounds good! But--

I’ve always been a fan of the Map Committee, don’t get me wrong. I love the people who are in it, the idea of it, heck, I’m friends with the majority of the members. But they kind of were sneaky with us. The other announcement that was made was that they were going to re-tier ALL of the maps.

Wait. All of the maps? That sounds like a huge update, much more important than bug fixes and death-match arenas? Right? Secondly, is that what the community really wants? I mean, we’re the one’s going to be playing these maps, so why not let us make the decision? The other thing that confuses me is why this was at the bottom of the thread. To be fair maybe it was just the way they formatted it or maybe it wasn’t given a second thought but I find it a bit sneaky. As if to prevent some flaming that that might entail. Because I know the majority of the community doesn't read every word of every thread. Typically just the beginning, and then they look at the pictures.

Now, I could go up to Capt or Dave and ask about this but I decided to get the community's input, as it’s you guys who this is really affecting.

Personally, I LIKE the idea. I’ll admit, a lot of the tiers on maps were very sloppily done, and if carefully redone may really help MCSG’s gameplay to be more intense. However, re-tiering ALL of the maps seems a bit extreme to me.

--------------------------------------------

Then what maps should we keep untouched? (Or largely untouched)

Let the community decide is my belief, and fortunately, I think they already did.

Here is what the community thinks are the best tiered: (Organized by Popularity)
  • Holiday Resort
  • Survival Games 4
  • Icarus
  • Valleyside

How do I know? Awhile back I made a thread asking what people thought was the ‘best’ map in specific areas -- them being aesthetics, gameplay, and of course tiering.

Here is what they said (these are screenshots):

I have more... But I think I made my point...

Link to thread: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/best-maps-game-play-aesthetics-overall-ect.66797/

Thoughts?

CaptButterToast, Dave, Tree_TheBigKind, Ninetailefox92

Last edited:
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you Theo.
I feel like the community wants maps with tier 2's not just full leather matches. And I feel the same way.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind the chests being retiered, but I don't really think that they need to be though. Even though it would change the gameplay, I think that the chests are ok as they are especially on the maps above because they are obviously the ones that people don't want to change and I agree with this.
I also don't want SG 2 to change:) but I think breeze island and teweran (1) should be retiered. But to be honest I don't really know how the map committee are going about the tiering change, or how long it will take. If and when it's finished it will be interesting to try out and so right now I don't mind really!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think those maps need reteiring the most. Maybe not number, but simply placement. They get played so much that people know everything about them, and I think change is healthy for the game to add some challenge and cerebral aspect to the game.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
What concerns me is the lack of the community's input on this decision. I thought the Map Committee's job was to value our input...how are they going to value something that doesn't exist? The clan community will be extremely upset, I can already tell. I also haven't seen one thread that requests the retiering of every map in the MCSG universe. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen soon, and I hope it doesn't get out of hand (like with Boombeard's Battle). :/

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I think those maps need reteiring the most. Maybe not number, but simply placement. They get played so much that people know everything about them, and I think change is healthy for the game to add some challenge and cerebral aspect to the game.
That's actually a very interesting point. I'm definitely going to keep this in mind.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
To add on to what I said earlier, I think retiering should be a scheduled thing, like every 4 months or so. It helps keep the game fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci