• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG is not the "PVP Games", it's still good ol' Survival Games

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I constantly hear people talking about how MCSG is no longer about survival, it's all about PvP. I don't believe this is true. The only things that have literally changed about the game since early on are the chest contents, which have very little effect on this subject and soon will not even matter with MCSGv3, and the new maps. The rest has been the community at work.

Back when there were only a few maps in the circulation at MCSG, people were constantly talking about how Minecraft PvP was boring. It was just about clicking really fast and maybe a bit of strafing here and there (which few people even called strafing at the time, it was simply moving around).

To make PvP more interesting, people started developing new tactics. There's 180 bow shots, the use of fishing rods, lighting people on fire and many other things. But the people that thought Minecraft PvP was fine still had to adapt to the new system, because they still wanted to win and these new-found tactics would help them.

So PvP changed, and people started using it a lot more. Because of this, the game became less "Survival" based and more "PvP" based. But it's still the same game. If you want it to be the same old game you played a year ago, then become better at simple sword fighting, avoid people (not necessarily a lot, but just so that you won't PvP too much) and get others to do the same. Eventually more people will do that, and it will become the same game it used to be, or at least in your mind.

This may just be my silly theory, but from what I know of the situation this seems to be as good an answer as any.

GradeZeroGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
While it may be true that it is still essentially the same servers, they have altered the survival aspect of it drastically.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Ooooooooooh I beg to differ, name the last time you came even close to starving to death and/or worrying about your natural surroundings, hmm? hmm??? Thought so.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
*cough*
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/time-to-talk-about-the-survival-games.55620/
:D

All joking aside, I just find that the action in MCSG is too clumped together. It needs to be drawn out more and add a bit more suspense. MCSG will always be an amazing server, always. But the matches have basically gone from long teeth clenching survival matches to 10 minute find-that-chest and kill-that-player fests. All in my opinion though, I can see where you are coming from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci