• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Improvement Ideas

Do you think the ideas posted should be put into MCSG?

• Total voters

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Porkins dearheart, you do know you can quote multiple people in one thread even on a mobile device, right? :)

Whenever I'm on (around 3-5 hours a day), I see about twenty empty servers. I get on usually around 3:00 EST, so I wouldn't know about noon PST.
Umm....3:00 P.M. EST is noon Pacific time. Do you mean 3 a.m.? I'll admit that any time after about 11 p.m Pacific time (which is 2 a.m. EST) to about 6A.M PST that the U.S. hub does have a lot of empty servers. But during special events, like if Tomahawk or ChadTheDJ is livestreaming for example, the servers (and hub) fill up FAST. I say U.S. has a good amount of servers (and hubs) to decrease/control the traffic flow enough.

Servers like AU and AS are part of the upgrading I was talking about. By lowering the amount of US and EU servers, there would be more, and better Australia, Asia, and Canada servers. And yes, a day before I created this thread the lag on MCSG for about a week or two was through the roof.
Except the CA, AU, AS, EU, and US networks are all run off of different datacenters. Taking away servers from one network might lower costs a teency weency bit, but not enough to affect an upgrade for adding more servers to the smaller networks. As for less lag, taking away U.S. servers doesn't affect any other network either due to the separate host location thing.
True, but most people, unfortunately look for the negative, which I guess is why you see more complaint threads than you see Thank you threads or Good job threads.
Man has a point about quite a few MCG users critiquing suggestions before conforming to new ideas. This is basic human nature though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci