• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer has no free speech

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
We allow users to say anything that isnt disrespectful or offensive to other users. We understand that personal liberties are important but not at the cost of other users' experiences. Just a note, i was there when the warnings were given and you missed a few times you were asked to stop.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The main thing that struck a nerve with me was the fact that so many people are obsessed with the notion that somehow croe boosts and just because he's a Sr. Mod he gets away with it.

Tell me, how is teaming with one or two friends boosting? Everyone plays with their friends. In this case, Croe happens to play a lot with Vanessa because they like to do things together and one of those things happens to be MCSG. Croe is the better player, therefore he wins. I play with my IRL friends all the time and most of the time I beat them and people aren't harassing me about boosting!

Bottom line, not everything is to be blamed on the staff. Heck, I admit we are a bit suppressive on certain topics. If you make a post that is directed negatively toward the staff as a whole, any staff member individually, or even any group of people it WILL be removed because it's rude and not needed.

Free speech here is a touchy subject because there are just so many negative attitudes around here that it's hard sometimes to determine flat out inconsideration from misunderstanding.

Here's how most of these situations you mentioned turn out anyway.

> Someone says something heavily opinionated

> Staff member takes it the wrong way

> Minimods and those without opinions of their own flood in

> people get muted

> Nobody's happy

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
Also "free speech" as a construct doesn't exist outside of the governments operations (if the government even operates under such a construct). Even then, you can't expect to get away with threatening another person under the guise of freedom of speech.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Also "free speech" as a construct doesn't exist outside of the governments operations (if the government even operates under such a construct). Even then, you can't expect to get away with threatening another person under the guise of freedom of speech.
This thread has gone way off topic; we don't want freedom to threaten or insult people. The moderators are muting people and removing content if they don't agree with someone's opinion.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
This thread has gone way off topic; we don't want freedom to threaten or insult people. The moderators are muting people and removing content if they don't agree with someone's opinion.
I'm just clearing up a common misconception since i saw it referenced incorrectly in the original post.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm just clearing up a common misconception since i saw it referenced incorrectly in the original post.
Oh right, sorry. Yeah, people are taking the whole "Freedom of speech" right too literally; especially since it excludes directed insults.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, so, I just wanted to say, I, on my own behalf and accord, understand what you're saying in terms of the mini mod thing, and I get why you would think there's no free speech. For the mini mod thing, it's okay for people to tell you to stop flooding the chat if you're chat flooding for example, no one needs red colored text to say that. However, they can't go around acting like they can punish you and that they're better than you. There are rules, and we all have to follow them, and it's the job of a mod to enforce them, and you automatically accepted the rules by connecting to the server, so breaking the rules is on you, the fake enforcement/impersonation of staff is on them. Secondly, the free speech, it means you can have an opinion, not insult people. Say what you want as long as those words do not harm or offend anyone, as that will break an MCGamer rule, something you agreed to not break by logging onto the network.

P.S. I don't think you mean any real harm by making this thread, and I don't think you're really that annoyed with others trying to help out the community. I'm guessing you just don't like it when you feel belittled, and that someone else may be better than you, or is able to say things you can't. Hey, you share your thoughts on things anywhere, but you really need to be careful on how you word your sentences, and how they come off as to other people. I could say something nice, and it could be taken as an insult to other people, so be careful in that department. Anyways, overall, I think it's good your voicing your concerns, but once again be careful how you say them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci