• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Maps that need to be removed.

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
All this thread really does is make map makers feel bad about their hard work and there isn't even any good reasons WHY those maps should be removed.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-Boombeards Battle
-The Fallen Colossi
-Treacherous Heights
-Origins
-Remnant
-Fortune Island
-Vida Cova
-Destinys Shiver

Okay, Im suggesting these maps be removed because they aren't really great for gameplay at all. They are just nice to look at and NOT to play.
I like origins, renment, fortune island, and treacherous. All others can gtfo

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Let's rethink this. Do you know how long and how much hard work it took for these people to make these maps? Yes they have some glitches and maybe some aren't great for gameplay. You can't just put under the Feature Suggestion thread that these HAVE to be taken off. In fact most of these maps I like and have to disagree with your opinion.

Just think if you were a creator of a map and it gets accepted into MCSG. Now someone makes a thread saying "OMIGOD THIS MAPS SUCKS AND HAS TO BE TAKEN OFF OF MCSG IMMEDIATELY" please tell me how you would feel.

Now since you are a small part of this HUGE community I should just say right now these maps WILL NOT be taken off of MCSG. Just because you don't think these are great for gameplay will not make a difference for someone to make a decision to take off these maps, especially since thousands of other players actually like these maps.

Listen all I'm trying to say is that this thread is pointless and that it's actually pretty offensive to the people who actually made the map.

QA;TL much?
They DID spend a lot of time on the maps, but these servers are for the people who play on them, not to have mapmakers feel good about themselves. If the players don't like the map, look at the commonly played maps and take features and balance them into your map's environment(s). Why do we have overplayed maps? Is it because people enjoy playing bad maps? No, it's because they have features that suit them excellently for gameplay.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-Boombeards Battle
-The Fallen Colossi
-Remnant
-Vida Cova
-Destinys Shiver

Okay, Im suggesting these maps be removed because they aren't really great for gameplay at all. They are just nice to look at and NOT to play.

**By request Fortune Island, Origins, Treacherous have been removed.
I honestly think that everything you said is true, I dislike all those maps, also they should re-tier lobby games and make it less laggy

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I'll make a quick list here about my thoughts :3 (I will do my best to make these changes)

-Fortune Island- I believe this one is liked enough to leave it for now :3 It seems like quite a bit of people enjoy it.

-Boombeards Battle- Since the map was just added, I think it would be best to give it some time before taking any action.

-Fallen Colossi- Already talked about it in the map committee meeting a few weeks back. We decided it would be best if we removed Fallen Colossi and Destiny's Shiver. The update hasn't been pushed out yet though, that's why the maps are still on the servers.

-Remnant- Again, that was recently added so I think it would be best to let time take its route. I will definitely be monitoring it along with a few other maps.

-Vida Cova- This seems to be a fairly odd situation. A lot of people seem to like the survival aspect (This is why it was added. There was a petition on the forums for the survival aspect. Since quite a few people wanted the survival aspect but not the majority of the community, we couldn't change the plugin. This is why we tried to do it through a map). I do plan to monitor the map though.

-Destiny's Shiver- Refer to Fallen Colossi above.

-Origins- Actually, the map seems to be popular. While it's not as popular as Sg4, Breeze, and a few others, it's definitely more popular than a huge list of maps on the servers.

-Treacherous Heights- I'd actually like to remove this from the 24 player map rotation and have it only on the 48 player map rotation. This is because the map is designed for longer gameplay (this was done back before the huge pvp movement).

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Here are the maps that I don't like (if its bold I think it should be removed).

1. Destiny's Shiver This map is filled with 3-deep holes and the terraforming makes it very hard to pvp on. Also corn has too many chests and

2. Fallen Colossi. Very little structures, too big, and barely any chests.

3. Remnant. I haven't played this map much at all bit I've heard from others it is not good.

4. Demon's Breeze. I think it is cheap how this is a remake of breeze island. Its really annoying bring killed by lava all the time. Also, the map can cause a lot of lag. But due to the interesting gameplay and how much the community loves it, I think it's going to stay.

5. Vida Cova. This map is well terraformed and all, but it is boring to play on. All it really is is jungle and water (we already have sg3 for that).

6. Treacherous Heights. There are some places on this map that have very little terraforming and are completely flat. Also, it is too big. I agree with Tree_TheBigKind on making this map a 48-player only map.

7. Origins: Requeim V2. This map looks great, but the gameplay is bad. You can get knocked off too easily and it is confusing and hard to get back up. Also, there is too much water.

8. Fallen Haven. I've got to admit, this is one of the best looking mcsg maps. However, the whole map is flat and very boring to play on.

9. Kharmunrah. I like this map a lot, but I feel that it's too big and needs to be a 48-player only map.

10. BOOMBEARD'S BATTLE. Oh, My. God. WHAT was mcsg thinking when accepting this map? The terraforming is terrible, there is WAY to much water, and the corn is surrounded by water. Also, I heard you can get super op items from dispensers. Also, the structures themselves aren't that great and they seem out of place. I have a feeling this map was accepted by Chad just because there was a pirate ship... (that's why breeze island was accepted lol).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci