• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Idea/Features - Ideas from Builders on Vareides Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok basically I'm on Vareide's server right now and we are discussing new maps. Now there are a few plans in place for some new big scale maps but having large scale maps takes a lot of building and time and they would like to be able to keep some variety in survival games.

The idea is to release a few more natural maps, not as massively built as SG2 more like SG1 that can be alternated between rounds of survival games on the servers to keep things interesting. They would also give people new material to play whilst they work on bigger more detailed maps.

Now we want to know people's opinions on this idea, if they think alternating more simplistic style maps would be something they would like and if that would be possible for the servers here to organize.

Or whether people would like large detailed maps to be the focus of their efforts.

Please let us know your thoughts on this! Thank you :D

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
Well it depends...If they are detailed they will look amazing, but a lot of people will lag on it.

So like I said, it depends.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Well it depends...If they are detailed they will look amazing, but a lot of people will lag on it.

So like I said, it depends.

Well detailed maps take longer to build, it would basically be like the SG2 in a different theme so no worse than the lag on that.

But we want to know what you think of alternating less detailed maps each game and if that would be possible and if people would like that, so we know if its worth having some people work on those maps as well.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Basically everytime you restart a game a new map would be used for the next game, so people aren't constantly playing the same map. That is what they would like implemented if it is possible. They don't want people to get bored of one map and it will also therefore take people more time to find all the secrets and chests :)

Reaction score
You should make another big map but get some helpers to add some different stuff like maybe cool ideas lol I had alot of map ideas and structures to make :p

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
You should make another big map but get some helpers to add some different stuff like maybe cool ideas lol I had alot of map ideas and structures to make :p

Well there are a lot of ideas already in the works but you are welcome to apply to vareide's server if you wanted to help out with any of them.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
Less Lag = More Fun.

There's a Tip!
So you would prefer a simple map because that would decrease the lag?

If you are having trouble with lag optifine can completely get rid of it, thats how I manage to play :)

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
So you would prefer a simple map because that would decrease the lag?

If you are having trouble with lag optifine can completely get rid of it, thats how I manage to play :)
I have no trouble with lag.

You should have seen the complaints from people when the second map was released on this forum. What I'm saying is, don't make it so big that people will lag.

Sidera

Survivor
Reaction score
I have no trouble with lag.

You should have seen the complaints from people when the second map was released on this forum. What I'm saying is, don't make it so big that people will lag.
I don't think there should be a problem with the particular one I am working on with a few people at the moment, I've been told it was mostly the height of the buildings etc. that caused people to lag out as their render doesn't go far enough to load it?

'The buildings out rendered clients causing them to lag or crash'

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
I don't think there should be a problem with the particular one I am working on with a few people at the moment, I've been told it was mostly the height of the buildings etc. that caused people to lag out as their render doesn't go far enough to load it?

'The buildings out rendered clients causing them to lag or crash'
Aha, Sweet!

Maddog64

Survivor
Reaction score
I think u should make a giant town(like the town on the second map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci