• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee Q&A -=Sept 15th=-

Map Committee

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

On the 15th of September, us here at the MCGamer Map Committee will be holding a Q&A session on the MCGamer Team Speak!

Here you guys can ask your questions about how the Map Committee works, how it's run, ect.

Here are some rules:
1) You cannot ask for maps to be added.
2) You cannot generally complain about the Committee
3) You cannot ask to be a part of the Committee

The Q&A will be at 5 PM BST- 7 PM BST on the MCGamer's Teamspeak, whos ip is ts.mcgamer.net or ts.mcsg.in .

See you there! ;).

EDIT:
RSVP on our Events page!
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/events/map-committee-q-a.40/

Last edited by a moderator:

Torperion

Tribute
Reaction score
Well this is something greatly appreciated. I for one definitely have some questions for the committee. :p

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Then what are we supposed to ask about? I think we all know how it works by now xP

Torperion

Tribute
Reaction score
I do have a request though. Do you think you could elaborate a bit more on the 2nd rule? I have a few questions about how the committee is set up and such, and they might be taken 'negatively' depending on how you look at them, so I want to check on that. :p

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I do have a request though. Do you think you could elaborate a bit more on the 2nd rule? I have a few questions about how the committee is set up and such, and they might be taken 'negatively' depending on how you look at them, so I want to check on that. :p
In my opinion, the second rule was meant to prevent general "hate" towards the community. Posts like those on the first thread introducing the map committee that were along the lines of "This is bad, change this and this, etc" would be classified as negativity since we haven't even done anything yet. Now, on the other hand, questions about how it's set up and stuff like that like you said you would have are completely fine and encouraged :3

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Are we allowed to raise specific complaints/issues that we see with the committee? Or is rule #2 purely to guard against the 'THIS IDEA SUCKS I HATE ALL OF YOU' type of comments?

Edit:
In my opinion, the second rule was meant to prevent general "hate" towards the community. Posts like those on the first thread introducing the map committee that were along the lines of "This is bad, change this and this, etc" would be classified as negativity since we haven't even done anything yet. Now, on the other hand, questions about how it's set up and stuff like that like you said you would have are completely fine and encouraged :3
Those comments though are just constructive criticism, designed to ensure the system works as well as it can. If valid complaints aren't listened to, the system won't improve. I understand that the committee hasn't done anything yet, but they should still be open to community worries, and then proceed in a way to dispel said worries.

I personally believe this committee could have a great outcome for MCSG, but only if the members are open to criticism, however hard it might be to take it (as, after all, we are only human).

Halo_0

Career
Reaction score
Awwwwww,I my sister has a concert at that time! ;[

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Are we allowed to raise specific complaints/issues that we see with the committee? Or is rule #2 purely to guard against the 'THIS IDEA SUCKS I HATE ALL OF YOU' type of comments?

Edit:

Those comments though are just constructive criticism, designed to ensure the system works as well as it can. If valid complaints aren't listened to, the system won't improve. I understand that the committee hasn't done anything yet, but they should still be open to community worries, and then proceed in a way to dispel said worries.

I personally believe this committee could have a great outcome for MCSG, but only if the members are open to criticism, however hard it might be to take it (as, after all, we are only human).
I was singling off the small sections that had blatantly hated on the idea, not their whole comments. I do agree that constructive criticism is needed to grow :3 As you stated at the beginning, yeah, I think rule #2 was to guard against just the blatant hate type of comments

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Yay. The 15th is like the perfect day for the Q and A(for my schedule). Also, is there any chance the EST time could be added to the OP?

This should be fun. Can't wait! :D

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Yay. The 15th is like the perfect day for the Q and A(for my schedule). Also, is there any chance the EST time could be added to the OP?

This should be fun. Can't wait! :D
Give me a second, I'll try to convert the time to EST since that's mah time zone as well :3 I'll edit this post once I get it

EDIT: It should be at 12 noon EST if I did it right :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci