• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kicking for being cocky?

Kicking people for "gg10" "shrekt" etc?

• Yes they should be kicked

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No it should be allowed

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Well to get back on topic, here are my thoughts. If you had the choice between someone saying "get rekd" after killing you, or that person saying nothing at all, everyone would pick nothing at all. No one likes when someone says that to you. Some may tolerate it, but no one likes it. So why allow something that no one likes? Since no one likes it and some people hate it, there is no reason for insults like this to be allowed.
Exactly.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
gg = good game
people in this community
gg = get good
the first one is right

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
gg = good game
people in this community
gg = get good
the first one is right
I don't care hwne they say GG, but when they say GG10 that means Get good 10. GG is good game, GG eZ is Get Good You are Easy.

FourthState

Survivor
Reaction score
Here is my take on this issue.

We all bear the brunt of people annoyingly saying 'gg10' and whatnot. However, despite it being annoying it shouldn't be punishable as it is not a form of harrasment, it doesn't highlight any stereotypes or discriminate against you. Therefore being cocky is just in some peoples nature and as annoying as it is, you can't punish them for it.

However, the point at which it becomes a problem, is when the same person repeatedly says this to you, despite you asking them to stop. That folks is harrassment, and that should be punishable.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
gg means good game, 10 means they didn't lose a heart. They where probably telling you it was a good fight, but they got a big combo on you. eZ means easy so they probably found the fight easy, they might be trying to help you improve.

Saying nothing is less respectful.
Nobody in the history of MCSG has said "eZ" with the intention of trying to help you out.

SjsYeahKid

Platinum
Reaction score
Naw, I just shake it off. They're just words. They're just trying to get a reaction from you. Just ignore it, and don't take it too harsh. They'll eventually stop after people learn to ignore them and just forget it. Just don't get aggravated like I used to. If it goes to far, I could see why it could be something more serious but if it's just silly things like 'gg10' and 'eZ' I don't see why it's so serious. You obviously know they didn't have 10 hearts and if you put up a good fight then I wouldn't necessarily be an "eZ" fight.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I think you're talking to me when I don't want you to talk to me
And some people don't want others saying "get rekt" or "GG10 eZ" to them. You claim if people take a game too seriously, they shouldn't be allowed to play the game. But right now, you're taking his words and my words seriously on a gaming forum, defending yourself from mine and shoving away his. How is it different from in game chat?

I don't mean this to provoke you: I just mean to make a point here. Maybe this case is slightly different, "forums aren't for fun" and all, but the thing is, people's words in game are just as harmful as those said here. Everybody reacts to them to some extent. The only reason you're posting these responses is to defend yourself right now, the same way everyone else does. I'm not blaming you: I'm posting to defend myself, or my opinion, as well.
Just because someone wants to wish them away, that they care about it, doesn't mean they don't deserve to play the game. You, me, and everyone else all deserves the right to play the game, and I really don't see the problem with people wanting these problems gone.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
And some people don't want others saying "get rekt" or "GG10 eZ" to them. You claim if people take a game too seriously, they shouldn't be allowed to play the game. But right now, you're taking his words and my words seriously on a gaming forum, defending yourself from mine and shoving away his. How is it different from in game chat?

I don't mean this to provoke you: I just mean to make a point here. Maybe this case is slightly different, "forums aren't for fun" and all, but the thing is, people's words in game are just as harmful as those said here. Everybody reacts to them to some extent. The only reason you're posting these responses is to defend yourself right now, the same way everyone else does. I'm not blaming you: I'm posting to defend myself, or my opinion, as well.
Just because someone wants to wish them away, that they care about it, doesn't mean they don't deserve to play the game. You, me, and everyone else all deserves the right to play the game, and I really don't see the problem with people wanting these problems gone.
Not defending myself or avoiding, I'm just done with this argument. I made my point, and I'm out. Everyone keeps responding like ugh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci