• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Is a gaming mouse/keyboard any different from using an ordinary one?

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
not for me anyway, I have a desktop mouse and I do just fine. I can kill people in the back in a melee 1v1.

jared451

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh yes. I have a 1,700 dollar Gaming Laptop yet I use the built-in keyboard plus a $10 logitech mouse for my peripherals. I don't even have a headset or mic. I feel I would do a lot better with better gaming gear. So yes, gaming peripherals are worth it.

E

Ephiza

Well, I've used a Razer DeathAdder For at least 9+ Months. I wouldn't regret spending money due to all of the features it can do. I personally think the gaming mouse is very important,because it helps you keep up with the PvP now in days or even just clicking faster then you're opponent.
As for the keyboard, I have some rubber dome one that came with my keyboard. I would love to get one,but I really don't want to spend the money. I've gotten over 700+ wins with this keyboard and to buy a new one would also be hard to adjust too.
That's what I thought...I used membrane keyboards for about 6 years..but my razer black widow...I got used to it in less than an hour...I can't use a membrane keyboard anymore :eek:

As for the OP, I noticed a giant difference in my secondaries, when I switched from a Logitech Wireless, to a Deathadder, to a Logitech G600. It the keyboard, well, as long as you have a logitech g105 with the raised up keycaps that costs about 30 bucks, you'll be fine. Now, since I love to type, the mechanical keyboard helped me a lot ;)

Tk1602

Experienced
Reaction score
When playing survival games, I usually use just my keyboard on my MacBook Pro because it's easy to push the keys down rather than some bulky gaming keyboard. Same thing with the mouse; I got an Apple magic mouse and this thing doesn't have a scroll wheel or anything besides a right and left click, but it helps me a lot, especially since I use the right click as the sprint button.

Sure, a gaming mouse would have more buttons, a scroll wheel, etc. but is it really worth it rather than using some mouse not used for gaming? Is it easier to move or are you able to click/type faster? What would be the positives of having a gaming rather than an ordinary? Have you ever switched and noticed any improvements (or down sides)? :confused:
I have seen the Apple Magic Mouses and it is really bad for PvPing in these servers. It would probably be better if you ended up using a normal Windows Mouse as it is cheap and easy to use. For keyboard, doesn't really matter which keyboard you get but preferably ones that are laptop typepad keyboard (which feel like you are typing on laptop) as it is much easier to press down.

Oxiodia

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro and I use the 'Built in keyboard.' Ive always used this as my hands are familiar with were the Hot Keys are. For the mouse, I definitely dont use the 'Apple Smart Mouse,' After purchasing the Razer Taipan I instantly fell in love with it :3

To me the mouse is MUCH more important then the keyboard in my case, with a mouse you can easily adapt to it but for the keyboard if it is smaller or larger than the one you were previously owning then it will take some time getting to know it.

I hope this helps! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci