• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/Invisible For VIPs

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You have a point, But most fan boys don't do /list or press tab to check if there Favourite You Tubers are In-Game.
As long as Tomahalk doesn't talk, No one would know.
The odd game someone would find out but....
Well he can not talk now, and people still find him. I know I hold down tab and glance at the names in my lobby. And if one guy finds out, he'll scream "OMG TOMAHAWK" and then everyone will find out.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That isn't the same suggestion. That is a suggestion to add /nick, which is a command that is easily abused. Also, it's a suggestion to a command that already exists (/disguise), it's just not re-implemented yet.

You have a point, But most fan boys don't do /list or press tab to check if there Favourite You Tubers are In-Game.
As long as Tomahalk doesn't talk, No one would know.
The odd game someone would find out but....
Yeah, that doesn't work. Back when we did have the ability to desgise as other ranks, when I would disguise as a default, people would easily be able to see me and would still follow me around/spam "emg tomohack i fan".

Tomo what happened to your purple name?
Dave never set my VIP rank on the forums. :p

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
This feature (or something like it for VIPs) is included in MCSGv3 (I believe), and we have been discussing it in Mod meetings.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
That isn't the same suggestion. That is a suggestion to add /nick, which is a command that is easily abused. Also, it's a suggestion to a command that already exists (/disguise), it's just not re-implemented yet.
If you actually read the thread, not the title, you'd see it would only be available for friend rank plus, which is the basically the same idea as yours.

Also, I'm not accusing you of copying me, I'm simply stating a fact.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm sure that this would be helpful for anyone friend/VIP rank or above, so I definitely agree. Maybe not this specific command, because there are other ways to do hide that you're in the game, but this seems good enough.

Also, you said;
makes them not appear on /list, and makes them not appear when you press tab.
Then people would notice that someone is missing on the list, and that would be pretty weird. I don't have any solution that would work well other than having their name appear differently on tab and list, but that would probably be similar to /disguise in a sense.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm sure that this would be helpful for anyone friend/VIP rank or above, so I definitely agree. Maybe not this specific command, because there are other ways to do hide that you're in the game, but this seems good enough.

Also, you said;

Then people would notice that someone is missing on the list, and that would be pretty weird. I don't have any solution that would work well other than having their name appear differently on tab and list, but that would probably be similar to /disguise in a sense.
Maybe when receiving VIP you are allowed choose a second name if you want?
For example , I made a map and got it accepted. Then , I'd message an admin asking for my rank , along with my new name (if I want one). So it'd be like this :

Hey Dave can I have my VIP rank?
Also could you change my name to noobpooper123?

Simple as that , no need for fancy commands.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe when receiving VIP you are allowed choose a second name if you want?
For example , I made a map and got it accepted. Then , I'd message an admin asking for my rank , along with my new name (if I want one). So it'd be like this :

Hey Dave can I have my VIP rank?
Also could you change my name to noobpooper123?

Simple as that , no need for fancy commands.
No, because then if you ever want to change back, you would have to ask an admin and it would always take a long time. It would just be too much hassle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci