• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Insanity Cause Removal

Should Insanity Cause Be Removed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • Possibly

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
1. It's tiny. The point of the jungle being hard to navigate is so that players travel around the map on the paths, so games are shorter.

2. The buildings are absolutely fantastic, and the use of bedrock is interesting, and works very well.

3. I've played it quite a lot of times, and each time, everybody has enjoyed playing it.

4. There are quite a few, actually. It's not our fault if you don't find them.

5. No, it's definitely not a half. You can barely find anything in the water, so most people rarely go in there.

6. You can do this on every single map.
This! Like for you.

And Rhino1928, noone vote for it because of breeze islands...

Toa-Rex

Career
Reaction score
1. It is just a massive jungle, we DO NOT want a repeat of Overgrown Arena -.-

2. Building... So I'm kinda calling out there building skills (not that i could do much better) But the use of bedrock...No. Gross.

3. Not played much at all. So since it came out i have played it 3 times. And well, its just not played at all (for the reasons above probably).

4. Redstone traps/chests. As far as i know, there are no redstone traps nor redstone secret rooms at all in the map and also its kind of difficult to find chests in the middle of the jungle.

5. Water. Im going to take a stab at it and say 1/2 of the map is completely water, and we all love water runners :D Haha.. haha.. -.-

6. And lastly, camouflage heaven.All you must do is find a jungle leaf skin or a jungle wood skin, find a nice spot to settle down and just camp (noobs), Im not saying its hard to find people (well sort of) but all someone would have to do is change there skin and wait.
#4 meh
#5 forget water runners and just walk away or get a bow
#6 get a texture pack -_-

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
5. Water. Im going to take a stab at it and say 1/2 of the map is completely water, and we all love water runners :D Haha.. haha.. -.-
But it wouldn't be a static_nightmare map if no more than 1/2 of it was water. D: (Static made Breeze as well...:p)

Anyway, in all seriousness:

I'm not sure the map has had enough time yet to say if it's "good" or not. I found a bunch of interesting things when searching around, and I never felt that I wasn't finding anything or my efforts were fruitless. I had fun jumping from tree to tree, parkour style, as it actually had a purpose, as it was much faster than land travel due to the extremely harsh landscape. I do have to say though, that there are only a few good spots on the map good for PvP whatsoever, much of the map is absolutely terrible for combat and a luck game on who gets stuck in a corner first. Even than, the good parts are fairly small, have vines, buildings, etc...it's very harsh in that sense.

I'd play it again over overgrown, but I probably would get frustrated if it was played too often due to the harsh PvP conditions. It'll just be that "once in a while, I'll want to play it" kinda map for me. In no way does it need removed, though...especially if it's not given a chance.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I want it removed and replaced by Lost Ridge. Nuff said.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So this last past couple of days i have played on insanity cause a 3 times since it came out and i absolutely hate it. For a couple of reasons...

1. It is just a massive jungle, we DO NOT want a repeat of Overgrown Arena -.-
I agree that Overgrown Arena was a really boring map, but it was big too, and this is not.
2. Building... So I'm kinda calling out there building skills (not that i could do much better) But the use of bedrock...No. Gross.
I know a lot of good uses for bedrock, both in Medival, Modern and Sciense Fiction
3. Not played much at all. So since it came out i have played it 3 times. And well, its just not played at all (for the reasons above probably).
This is not because the map, it is because SG4 and Breeze wont let any other maps get played, fixed in MCSGv2
4. Redstone traps/chests. As far as i know, there are no redstone traps nor redstone secret rooms at all in the map and also its kind of difficult to find chests in the middle of the jungle.
As other people said, it is traps and such, just hold away from the deep jungle (The same as a lot of other maps, in the water of breeze there is not much chests and if you look at SG2, there is a lot of chests if you look in the right place.
So you want 95% of the map to be jungle? You said you didn't like jungles
6. And lastly, camouflage heaven.All you must do is find a jungle leaf skin or a jungle wood skin, find a nice spot to settle down and just camp (noobs), Im not saying its hard to find people (well sort of) but all someone would have to do is change there skin and wait.
None does that, and it is possible to do on most maps.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can't see how you said this map has a huge jungle and its hard to find people. This map is tiny! Not a bad thing, just a fact. I personally wish it was played more, I only got to play it once but it was cool when I downloaded it.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
It is just a massive jungle, we DO NOT want a repeat of Overgrown Arena -.-
Water. Im going to take a stab at it and say 1/2 of the map is completely water, and we all love water runners :D Haha.. haha.. -.-
So you want more.. jungle.. or more.. water? You've said two conflicting things here. You said it's a massive jungle.. but you said it's half.. water...
My mind is hurting.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
I don't necessarily like Insanity Cause, but I don't necessarily want it removed. I'd much rather it to be kept for a change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci