• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I'm a former moderator (2013-early 2014). AMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaacswag

Career
Reaction score
  • Be confident. No Sr. Moderator wants to have a moderator that isn't sure of himself.
  • Be hard-working
  • Know your application well
  • Prepare well for your interview (think to yourself what kind of questions they will ask and how you will answer)
  • Know the rules well
  • Be genuine during the interview. If you try to hide a quality about yourself (i.e. you like to swear) they will know about it eventually
If you ever need any more tips (you being the community), feel free to PM me. Purewelshboy, a Sr. Mod who interviewed me, said I did fine :3 so... learn from the best ;D.

I was a student of Fabio.

I don't remember much of who I banned and the cases, but if I kicked you for block glitching and I was wrong, I'm sorry. I would say that blockglitching isn't very arguable because it's a clear offense, but Spring 2013 was when I was first hired, so I may have been too kick-happy if you understand what I mean. I was never left on bad foot by anyone who wanted to challenge any kicks/bans I might have made though; challenging me helps me improve as a moderator and listen to the community.

No, I refuse to play LoL again, I tried it once and it was horrible. Sorry. :l

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't remember much of who I banned and the cases, but if I kicked you for block glitching and I was wrong, I'm sorry. I would say that blockglitching isn't very arguable because it's a clear offense, but Spring 2013 was when I was first hired, so I may have been too kick-happy if you understand what I mean. I was never left on bad foot by anyone who wanted to challenge any kicks/bans I might have made though; challenging me helps me improve as a moderator and listen to the community.

No, I refuse to play LoL again, I tried it once and it was horrible. Sorry. :l
No it's okay haha, I was actually block glitching, I just rejoined the server and had a small fit because it was back when you weren't supposed to give warnings for that type of stuff and I wasn't given a warning. Thinking that I was supposed to receive one, I hopped back into the server and got angry at you. It's all good man

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No it's okay haha, I was actually block glitching, I just rejoined the server and had a small fit because it was back when you weren't supposed to give warnings for that type of stuff and I wasn't given a warning. Thinking that I was supposed to receive one, I hopped back into the server and got angry at you. It's all good man
Hm... that's good then. I might have used !say and broadcasted a warning for everyone, as back in Spring 2013 block glitching onto the treehouse in the old lobby was very common, and you probably weren't the only one. Good to see this is settled though.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Not true! soggypickle was able to re-apply!
-
Anyways relating to the thread...WHY DO YOU GO ON REDDIT THAT'S SO NASTY 4CHAN IS WHERE IT'S AT OMIGOD???!!!111!!11!1!!!1
Yeah, demoted mods can reapply with permission, it's much harder to get it back though after you've been through a demotion. My app got denied yesterday for forum/TS inactivity. :p

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Last chance to ask questions, at 7 PM EST I'll ask a mod to lock this/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member