• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ideas for removing hackers

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
So we have quite a few issues with this idea, but not all about it is bad.
  1. If it happens that one of the "BATH" members troll reports a hacker, it will be on the top of the list meaning it'll be hard for the Moderators to view the legitimate reports.
  2. 10 hackers is too low an amount, meaning a lot of people will have the rank making it unplayable for non BATH/Donors/Staff.
  3. Giving the people the rank and keeping track of who submitted the correct amount of reports.
  4. Rank confusion, with this many ranks and maybe more coming soon, players are going to be confused by the amount of ranks, and who is what.
Nice idea, but perhaps we can take a different approach instead of in-game perks, what about a forum badge, or a MCGamer Award?
A forum badge sounds so cool! And in MCG Awards will be cool to have a award for "Best Peacekeeper" or something like that xD

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just realized, another problem arises, we do not disclose ban information, meaning you will never know if the user you've reported was actually punished. So, we can't really do this because it would disclose punishment information.
That's something that would have to be sorted out, yeah.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I think people will activate only when they'll going to join lobbies , and thats only a few seconds so they will have the rank for a while
Once activated you won't be able to deactivate.
I just realized, another problem arises, we do not disclose ban information, meaning you will never know if the user you've reported was actually punished. So, we can't really do this because it would disclose punishment information.
Aslong as you won't make a progress bar about it but assign the rank to the players as soon as they made the required amount of succesfull reports they won't know which player got banned and which not. ( Unless they made the specific amount of reports required and they were all succesfull... )

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Once activated you won't be able to deactivate.

Aslong as you won't make a progress bar about it but assign the rank to the players as soon as
Hm , maybe But i think that Devs are too busy , cause they are doing the leaderboards update and somethings more :)

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hm , maybe But i think that Devs are too busy , cause they are doing the leaderboards update and somethings more :)
Ohwell, what's wrong with a little discussion about some great idea's? Isn't that exactly what the Feature Suggestion section is for?
Having said that.... AnomalousDyna move to Feature Suggestiong plz?

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Ohwell, what's wrong with a little discussion about some great idea's? Isn't that exactly what the Feature Suggestion section is for?
Having said that.... AnomalousDyna move to Feature Suggestiong plz?
Yeah , that's true . I'm sorry :3

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I'll suggest a "Best Peacekeeper" award for the MCGamer awards, but it's something that would have to be voted amongst staff members only since regular members don't have access to see the reports, but overall not too big of an issue.

ExtremeApples

Survivor
Reaction score
I like this idea, however I can already see the threads..

'plz i activate and i no want to plz give back !!'

Great idea doe.

Ninja_Loop

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm not saying to /report the hacker in game, I'm saying to report him on the forums. And on the forums we do get the message "Thank you, the user has been dealt with". Sorry if I didn't understand.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I'm not saying to /report the hacker in game, I'm saying to report him on the forums. And on the forums we do get the message "Thank you, the user has been dealt with". Sorry if I didn't understand.
When we say "Thanks for reporting, this user has been dealt with appropriately!" it doesn't mean we've banned the player, like we say they have been dealt with appropriately, wether it's nothing, kicked, muted or banned.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
The issue I have is people reporting people and hoping they'll get the rank while when the person isn't even hacking. I would just say give iron donor to those who report 50 users within the span of a month (and they get banned of course).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci