• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Ideas for removing hackers

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Ninja_Loop

Tribute
Reaction score
The title says pretty much what I am talking about in this thread.

Hackers have been the biggest problem of this server. We now have a /report command, but this is probably used in wrong ways (for trolling the moderators especially). Still, the best way to ban a hacker as a normal player is by recording and reporting him/her on the forums.
I see a lot of hackers (and I'm probably not the only one), and even if I end up recording them, I get to lazy to render the video, upload it to YouTube and then report the hackers.
There was once the idea of giving out donor ranks, and the number of hackers drasticly decreased. It turned out to be a bad idea though, because people were reporting other players for things like spamming, swearing, etc., giving the moderators a hard time looking through the report abuse section.
I came up with a similar idea, but a bit changed to fix the problems. I'm thinking of creating a new rank. You can name it however you want, but I think that the name "BATH" (Ban All The Hackers) suits it well enough. You have to report 10 hackers (if one hacker out of these ten was already banned, just find another one; your mission is to help the mods ban 10 hackers, not report hackers that are already banned). It will be a 7 days rank.

PERKS: 1) Enter full arenas (have the same 10 minutes cool down as all the donors have)
2) Have an orange name
3) If you /report someone, it will be highlighted. You gained the moderators' trust, so they belive in you. If you use it to troll the mods, you loose the rank.

PROS OF THIS IDEA: 1) The hacker number will drasticly decrease.
2) Players who can't afford a donor rank will have a simmilar rank, for 7 days.
3) It will motivate players like me to report hackers.

CONS OF THIS IDEA: 1) The donor sales might decrease. Solution: give only 15 ranks a week by doing a giveaway. You enter the giveaway by reporting 10 hackers. This way, it will not be that easy to get this rank.
2) People (who have this rank) might use the /report command wrong (to troll the moderators). Solution: take their rank and ban them from getting this rank ever again.
3) The developers are working hard already on fixing bugs. This project requires time, time that the developers might not have.

This was my idea, tell me your opinions about it. I'm open to constructive criticism. I'm sorry for any misspelings, I wrote this on my phone, and plus English isn't my native language.
I'd like to finish off by thanking the mods that are working hard to ban the hackers. Without you guys, there would be even more hackers, and even if some people say that you are not doing your job, I know that you ban a lot of hackers a day. I have been a moderator (not on MCSG, on other servers), and I know how frustrating it gets to see these messages. So you guys deserve this heart: <3

Zhyche

Survivor
Reaction score
The title says pretty much what I am talking about in this thread.

Hackers have been the biggest problem of this server. We now have a /report command, but this is probably used in wrong ways (for trolling the moderators especially). Still, the best way to ban a hacker as a normal player is by recording and reporting him/her on the forums.
I see a lot of hackers (and I'm probably not the only one), and even if I end up recording them, I get to lazy to render the video, upload it to YouTube and then report the hackers.
There was once the idea of giving out donor ranks, and the number of hackers drasticly decreased. It turned out to be a bad idea though, because people were reporting other players for things like spamming, swearing, etc., giving the moderators a hard time looking through the report abuse section.
I came up with a similar idea, but a bit changed to fix the problems. I'm thinking of creating a new rank. You can name it however you want, but I think that the name "BATH" (Ban All The Hackers) suits it well enough. You have to report 10 hackers (if one hacker out of these ten was already banned, just find another one; your mission is to help the mods ban 10 hackers, not report hackers that are already banned). It will be a 7 days rank.

PERKS: 1) Enter full arenas (have the same 10 minutes cool down as all the donors have)
2) Have an orange name
3) If you /report someone, it will be highlighted. You gained the moderators' trust, so they belive in you. If you use it to troll the mods, you loose the rank.

PROS OF THIS IDEA: 1) The hacker number will drasticly decrease.
2) Players who can't afford a donor rank will have a simmilar rank, for 7 days.
3) It will motivate players like me to report hackers.

CONS OF THIS IDEA: 1) The donor sales might decrease. Solution: give only 15 ranks a week by doing a giveaway. You enter the giveaway by reporting 10 hackers. This way, it will not be that easy to get this rank.
2) People (who have this rank) might use the /report command wrong (to troll the moderators). Solution: take their rank and ban them from getting this rank ever again.
3) The developers are working hard already on fixing bugs. This project requires time, time that the developers might not have.

This was my idea, tell me your opinions about it. I'm open to constructive criticism. I'm sorry for any misspelings, I wrote this on my phone, and plus English isn't my native language.
I'd like to finish off by thanking the mods that are working hard to ban the hackers. Without you guys, there would be even more hackers, and even if some people say that you are not doing your job, I know that you ban a lot of hackers a day. I have been a moderator (not on MCSG, on other servers), and I know how frustrating it gets to see these messages. So you guys deserve this heart: <3
+1

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
It sounds cool , but if the donor sales decreases , MCG will get down i think , because Chad need money to pay the host , it's not free . And i think the people that trolls the Moderator are just stupid; they are just doing this game worse , because they're reporting inocent people .
Finally , i like to say that i think this idea will never happen , because Chad needs donors money :)

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
It sounds cool , but if the donor sales decreases , MCG will get down i think , because Chad need money to pay the host , it's not free . And i think the people that trolls the Moderator are just stupid; they are just doing this game worse , because they're reporting inocent people .
Finally , i like to say that i think this idea will never happen , because Chad needs donors money :)
Maybe do it for every 20 succesfull reports, and make it a 24 hour lasting rank, which you can activate whenever you want?

JaviGBU

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe do it for every 20 succesfull reports, and make it a 24 hour lasting rank, which you can activate whenever you want?
I think people will activate only when they'll going to join lobbies , and thats only a few seconds so they will have the rank for a while

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
So we have quite a few issues with this idea, but not all about it is bad.
  1. If it happens that one of the "BATH" members troll reports a hacker, it will be on the top of the list meaning it'll be hard for the Moderators to view the legitimate reports.
  2. 10 hackers is too low an amount, meaning a lot of people will have the rank making it unplayable for non BATH/Donors/Staff.
  3. Giving the people the rank and keeping track of who submitted the correct amount of reports.
  4. Rank confusion, with this many ranks and maybe more coming soon, players are going to be confused by the amount of ranks, and who is what.
Nice idea, but perhaps we can take a different approach instead of in-game perks, what about a forum badge, or a MCGamer Award?

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You'd have to pick a different colour for the rank, as Gold uses the dark yellow, which is closest to orange as it gets, and the red colours are used for the staff ranks. Light yellow, perhaps?

EDIT: I like GetRidaHim's idea- just as active participants in the cleansweeps are awarded medals on the forums, maybe we could have the same thing- say bronze-tier medals for 25 valid reports submitted, 50 reports for silver-tier and 100 for gold-tier. Just ideas, idk.

J

Jojo

So we have quite a few issues with this idea, but not all about it is bad.
  1. If it happens that one of the "BATH" members troll reports a hacker, it will be on the top of the list meaning it'll be hard for the Moderators to view the legitimate reports.
  2. 10 hackers is too low an amount, meaning a lot of people will have the rank making it unplayable for non BATH/Donors/Staff.
  3. Giving the people the rank and keeping track of who submitted the correct amount of reports.
  4. Rank confusion, with this many ranks and maybe more coming soon, players are going to be confused by the amount of ranks, and who is what.
Nice idea, but perhaps we can take a different approach instead of in-game perks, what about a forum badge, or a MCGamer Award?
You'd have to pick a different colour for the rank, as Gold uses the dark yellow, which is closest to orange as it gets, and the red colours are used for the staff ranks. Light yellow, perhaps?

how about 3 days iron donor for lets say 20 useful reports? :)

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score

EDIT: I like GetRidaHim's idea- just as active participants in the cleansweeps are awarded medals on the forums, maybe we could have the same thing- say bronze-tier medals for 25 valid reports submitted, 50 reports for silver-tier and 100 for gold-tier. Just ideas, idk.
I just realized, another problem arises, we do not disclose ban information, meaning you will never know if the user you've reported was actually punished. So, we can't really do this because it would disclose punishment information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci