• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

'Good' Art?

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Since you asked for feedback. I'll give an opinion.

What you've created is very simply reproduced in Photoshop. I think the you "shine" you added seems to be out of place and puts the focus more on that than the rest of the piece. The character isn't centered (which isn't required, but it looks better in my opinion.). The colors that you used are very contrasting. That green and orange kinda clash at each other. But as of right now you got a good foundation. I don't recommend putting your character right in front of the text, I think it would be more fitting to the side. :'D

Hope I helped a little bit.
Thanks for the help c: but he's sitting on the text, not standing in front of it :p

Avesu

Career
Reaction score
What are you using? Like what programs? I would say you should make your character bigger, in a fighting position, and behind the lettering. :D

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
It looks great, but I think I give some things you may want to add.
- A Grunge Background behind. Add something to give the background a little more texture than a picture with a filter.
- Try Moving the Character to a far side of center, also if you want to make him look like he is sitting, try putting him in that kind of pose. It is probably hard without a good program, but I can make a sitting pose for you if you want?
- Maybe some border kind of border. I think borders on avatars look good, but that is just my opinion.
- Try to inline the torch/light source to the players hand.
- Finally create a layer to give the light source a bigger effect. Add something like this where the middle of the lightsource is at the same point on the picture.

Other than these things I think it looks great. (I love the font and shading on the font.)
- Please note, these are things to make it look better in my opinion, don't take them as criticism and don't follow everything I said. It is just what I think.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I haz low expectations so I give it a 2/10
Jk, looks good to me, especially since you are just starting.

Reaction score
Looks cool, but the sitting pose looks a little off. It looks more like hes standing with his knees kinda bent. i also think the sparkle you added would fit better if it were on the edge of one of the letters, like there's light shining off of it. Looks good overall tho, keep it up

dillonpure11

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks bad with the Character in front, move him back a layer and erase his legs or fade them out. It will then look really nice :)

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Looks bad with the Character in front, move him back a layer and erase his legs or fade them out. It will then look really nice :)
Well, the idea was to have him sitting on the text, but I didn't position the legs properly c:

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but taking what people have said I have made some more examples. Feel free to leave feedback on these too!

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but taking what people have said I have made some more examples. Feel free to leave feedback on these too!
Looks great, even better than the first one. But I thing you turn down the opacity on the shine on the diamond sword, and move the shine to the very pointy bit on the end of the sword.
Also the character is on the layer behind the water, so I reckon move the character to a layer above. (You can see the water through his face and body.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci