• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gold Rush - MCSG Map Submission

Do you want this map added to MCSG?

• Total voters

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, what I said came off a bit mean, but in all honesty it kind of pisses me off when I work through this map and then a moderator, of all people, basically insults the map.
I don't think he meant that as an insult by any means. Please bear in mind that the maps are indeed comparable. While they can be confirmed to be different, it can be hard to tell simply due to screenshots. There are indeed some parts of the maps that look similar. I know for a fact that Lively can't download the map to check it out at the moment, as we're both in school.

Sorry if my comment seems a bit rude, but I don't think Lively was accusing you of anything. Only an observation.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
lol what about a Chips Ahoy cookie with sharpness and knockback 1? xD
I'll use that to replace the hobostick and I'll credit you.
Double post, please edit your previous post next time.

Honestly, I never played on Lost Mine, but it looks.. well, it looks exactly the same from what I know, to the point that I said to myself "Oh great, it's another noob who copied a map and called it theirs" - No joke, that was my thought process. However, reading through the comments says otherwise, to my relief.
So, just my input, but I think you should change up some more stuff in Corn to say "No, this is NOT Lost Mine. This is Gold Rush." As it is now, I have absolutely no idea what the difference between the two is.

ItsRecitify

Tribute
Reaction score
Double post, please edit your previous post next time.

Honestly, I never played on Lost Mine, but it looks.. well, it looks exactly the same from what I know, to the point that I said to myself "Oh great, it's another noob who copied a map and called it theirs" - No joke, that was my thought process. However, reading through the comments says otherwise, to my relief.
So, just my input, but I think you should change up some more stuff in Corn to say "No, this is NOT Lost Mine. This is Gold Rush." As it is now, I have absolutely no idea what the difference between the two is.
Thanks for the feedback. What would you recommend be done to corn to give it some uniqueness?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Lost Mine:

Gold Rush:

The pedestals are exactly the same, the crafting bench placement is similar, the vines at the top are pretty much a copycat, the stone floor with ores (Although its kind of needed), the lighting system (Dark places and bright places) The mushrooms.. you get what I mean.

ItsRecitify

Tribute
Reaction score
Lost Mine:

Gold Rush:

The pedestals are exactly the same, the crafting bench placement is similar, the vines at the top are pretty much a copycat, the stone floor with ores (Although its kind of needed), the lighting system (Dark places and bright places) The mushrooms.. you get what I mean.
Yeah, the vines are kind of needed for some secrets, but...any other recommendations?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci