• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting Rid Of The Scoreboard On The Side Of Your Screen In-game

Do you think it should be removed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Right, so after having a hard think about this topic, and talking to well known members in this community, I've come to a conclusion that the scoreboard on the side of your screen in-game has no use to be completely honest, especially to all regions except for the ones who go by the CST timezone since we can't really know the time and date of that hour.

It also doesn't help on the pvp aspect of the Survival Games as it takes a lot of space up from your screen. also on the YouTube side of the community because it does look bad on videos where it shows a different time and date if we schedule upload videos or record at early times in the day that don't go along with the CST timezone, so I hope that the staff team will take this deeply into consideration and reply soon c:

Thank you, and let's have a good MCGamer year :D

Omar

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
There is a use.
  1. You can see how much time there is left in the game.
  2. When evidence is provided for hacking, we can find out whether someone submitted evidence from a past ban.
  3. When evidence is provided against a /d user, we can see time/server information so that we can figure out what the disguise name is.
  4. Players can see the time without escaping large screen.
  5. You can see how many players are left without tabbing and counting or scrolling up to the last death.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Right, so after having a hard think about this topic, and talking to well known members in this community, I've come to a conclusion that the scoreboard on the side of your screen in-game has no use to be completely honest, especially to all regions except for the ones who go by the CST timezone since we can't really know the time and date of that hour.

It also doesn't help on the YouTube side of the community because it does look bad on videos where it shows a different time and date if we schedule upload videos or record at early times in the day that don't go along with the CST timezone, so I hope that the staff team will take this deeply into consideration and reply soon c:

Thank you, and let's have a good MCGamer year :D

Omar
I honestly love that right sidebar and would love for it to stay, it has no real negative in my opinion, I record on YouTube a lot on mcsg and it doesn't bother me a bit, if it doesn't hurt leave it be.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
As for the timezone thing, I think it would be great if you could type a command to set your timezone. Then the staff could just convert it if necessary while handling abuse thread. In the mean time however, just look up the time difference for your region. It really isn't that hard.

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As for the timezone thing, I think it would be great if you could type a command to set your timezone. Then the staff could just convert it if necessary while handling abuse thread. In the mean time however, just look up the time difference for your region. It really isn't that hard.
Luckily, I live in central minnesota and don't have to worry about them converting, easy and lucky :D

Firecharlie

Spectator
Reaction score
I honestly love that right sidebar and would love for it to stay, it has no real negative in my opinion, I record on YouTube a lot on mcsg and it doesn't bother me a bit, if it doesn't hurt leave it be.
What about having a toggle?..

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
also it just makes it harder to make fake proof too as they need to match a scoreboard up really well and mcsg will prob have chat logs so yeah having the scoreboard is win win stops false bans to a certain point and tells us players info

(but i think it would be cool if mcsg added a tagging system where each game of that day is tagged with a unique ID that is on the scoreboard to not only make it easier to view games but also make it even harder for fake proof (if someone were to attempt it))

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree with a toggle for these reasons:
  1. When evidence is provided for hacking, we can find out whether someone submitted evidence from a past ban.
  2. When evidence is provided against a /d user, we can see time/server information so that we can figure out what the disguise name is.
However, a command like /timezone <time zone> would be nice so it could show your time and the hubs could get dark when it's night where you live :)

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree with a toggle for these reasons:
  1. When evidence is provided for hacking, we can find out whether someone submitted evidence from a past ban.
  2. When evidence is provided against a /d user, we can see time/server information so that we can figure out what the disguise name is.
However, a command like /timezone <time zone> would be nice so it could show your time and the hubs could get dark when it's night where you live :)
Or we could have a game ID? So its easier to find the hacker and the point of them hacking as it will be a unique number?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci