• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting Rid Of The Scoreboard On The Side Of Your Screen In-game

Do you think it should be removed?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Or we could have a game ID? So its easier to find the hacker and the point of them hacking as it will be a unique number?
This does work, in fact I'd love to have a game ID because sometimes we get report abuses of people recording themselves hacking and I'd like to check the ID of their game to make sure it's the same person, etc.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Or we could have a game ID? So its easier to find the hacker and the point of them hacking as it will be a unique number?
This I like.

Removing the sidebar altogether? Not so much. While it is rather obtrusive, a lot of helpful information for moderators and players is on there.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
This does work, in fact I'd love to have a game ID because sometimes we get report abuses of people recording themselves hacking and I'd like to check the ID of their game to make sure it's the same person, etc.
This I like.

Removing the sidebar altogether? Not so much. While it is rather obtrusive, a lot of helpful information for moderators and players is on there.
I would also recommend having the sidebar include the user's IGN. This would also help when a user is hacking and reports themselves but we cannot see their in-game name.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
The sidebar won't include the Game ID as that isn't determined until a game ends, and it'll probably include your IGN eventually, but not right now.
As far as time goes - CST/CDT time is displayed on the sidebar because it's the timezone that most of our development team lives in, and therefore it's the time that maintenances are usually announced in; displaying it on the sidebar relieves the need for people to convert the time to/from their timezone. It also used to be the timezone all of our servers were in, allowing us to easily look up server logs if people submitted a screenshot of a bug (all of our servers now operate in UTC time, but it's still not hard for us to convert UTC to C(S/D)T - subtract 6 hours if winter, 5 hours if summer). We have something planned to automatically detect your timezone and correctly display your local time in the sidebar, but there's no ETA on that.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
The sidebar won't include the Game ID as that isn't determined until a game ends, and it'll probably include your IGN eventually, but not right now.
As far as time goes - CST/CDT time is displayed on the sidebar because it's the timezone that most of our development team lives in, and therefore it's the time that maintenances are usually announced in; displaying it on the sidebar relieves the need for people to convert the time to/from their timezone. It also used to be the timezone all of our servers were in, allowing us to easily look up server logs if people submitted a screenshot of a bug (all of our servers now operate in UTC time, but it's still not hard for us to convert UTC to C(S/D)T - subtract 6 hours if winter, 5 hours if summer). We have something planned to automatically detect your timezone and correctly display your local time in the sidebar, but there's no ETA on that.
Awesome, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci