• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

Krafty

District 13
Reaction score
As requested by BetaPuffle , heres my thoughts on rugged.
First off , out of all the maps that where added , we put the most time and effort into it. Think about it , we started the map and then 'finished' it. It sucked , so we revamped it again and it looked decent. Then we decided we wanted to set a higher standard for our first map so we revamped it AGAIN - and thats the rugged you know today. So , instead of giving up on the map we kept making it better until it stated to look really good. So next time you play Rugged Lands think about the effort that was put in. And about the chest placement , that was the mods fault. They decided to spam the map with tier 2's which really unbalances the map. Rugged was TeamSwish's first ever map. we'd never built anything before that and look how well it turned out compared to other team's first maps. I'd just brace myself for the new maps to come which I can guarantee will be much better.
That sounds extremely one sided.

How do you know the other map builders didn't put as much effort as you did?
You say " So next time you play Rugged Lands think about the effort that was put in" yet you probably don't know how much effort was put into the other maps? I'm sure you probably worked really hard on Rugged lands, and I honestly find the map fun to play on but what you said sounded really ignorant.

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
I don't like Freeze, because it's too uncertain where someone is. I was playing on it once, my friend and I saw someone about 80 blocks away, running towards us (I had optifine). I went to check my inventory and make some soup. I gave it to my friend, and I look to my right. Him, as well as 4 other people are coming our way. They all weren't teamed, but...

You know what happened next... ._.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the Demon's Breeze's gameplay is ok, but the lava lag is just INTENSE. When I play with 3 other people over skype, my computer is the only one capable of functioning near the lava. It means we always have to camp at corn, and I think everyone knows that they're luck turns sour when they're around lava...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really haven't had much gameplay with all the other 'new' maps, but Lost Mine is just a lot of caves, and Asia Games' spawn is just weird. Rugged Lands I played once, and I got 13 kills because I was the first one to climb out with a weapon. I just knocked everyone off. Loads of fun for me, but I bet no one else liked it.
If you don't like Demon's breeze, just turn off sound and lava animations.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
I guess I agree with some of this; yet somehow, people like voting for all of the "maps that suck." Another reason we should remove voting...

Currently, my favorite map on MCSG is Moonbase 9. It looks amazing, and I love its gameplay; but on MCSG, I've only gotten to play it once. Why? Because of people complaining about lag. It really feels unfair how problems often caused by the server can shoot down a map's chances of becoming popular.

I also think that you're partially in the wrong for saying all of these maps "suck." While we may dislike them, you have to recognize that the owners put at least some effort into these maps for them to be accepted into MCSG. While I strongly dislike Asia Game's gameplay, I still think it's somewhat pretty.

And lastly, I want to say that I think we should put a lot more consideration into the maps we choose. I know that if my map got accepted, then removed immediately, I would feel like a complete failure. The way we can avoid this is by testing a map, asking about it, editing minor things, resizing the dome if necessary, or even just telling the creator(s) to revamp it if necessary.

I want to make sure anyone reading this notes that it is not a complaint, simply stating my mind.

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Hell Games and Asia Games DEFINITELY need to be removed.
i actually like asia games! but it's underplayed :( . i kinda like the structures.

i honestly don't think there are to many bad maps although i really hate freeze island! And i also don't really like lost mine and hell games.

First of all. Rugged HAS well made builds and Extremely well done terraforming. A perfect size for a game and fun gameplay.

Asia games: Horrible everything, get rid of it.

Lost mine: Horrible, they've just taken some tunnels, i don't get how it made it in.

hellgames: Horrible, nothing good.

Moonlight: Ugly, but REALLY fun to play on.
agreed accept for asia games as i already said i like it. don't see the problem with it. it's not the best map but surely not the worst.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That sounds extremely one sided.

How do you know the other map builders didn't put as much effort as you did?
You say " So next time you play Rugged Lands think about the effort that was put in" yet you probably don't know how much effort was put into the other maps? I'm sure you probably worked really hard on Rugged lands, and I honestly find the map fun to play on but what you said sounded really ignorant.
So your trying to tell me that the other maps took over 9 months to make?
Anyway lets not start a flame war. I may be wrong but Rugged took an extreme amount of effort and devotion to finish.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
If you don't like Demon's breeze, just turn off sound and lava animations.
To be perfectly honest, I shouldn't have to cut down on my PvP ability to be able to play a map. It isn't fair to me and it isn't fair to anybody else, especially when I still am not able to move past the main island without freezing. (this is with sounds off, by the way.)

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Asia games
He'll games
Moonlight lake
Freeze island
Demons breeze
Bring back old solar frost

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I shouldn't have to cut down on my PvP ability to be able to play a map. It isn't fair to me and it isn't fair to anybody else, especially when I still am not able to move past the main island without freezing. (this is with sounds off, by the way.)
I have a crappy Mac Book from 2010, and I still get 100 FPS on demons breeze. I have my sound on 30% and my lava animations on, but I still don't get a huge drop. Sometimes I'm really glad that I have this crappy mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci