• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Games with hackers

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
too late for me D: but means I'd probs have about 800 less games played XD

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
too late for me D: but means I'd probs have about 800 less games played XD
Well, MCSG still has a lot of it's future ahead of it, so there's still plenty of chances (Unfortunately, because that means there's still plenty of hackers ;___; )

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, but I think it would be too difficult to implement. There is no way to code this so the devs would have to go into the MySQL databases and remove games manually. With the amount of hackers out there this would be a huge waste of their time (imo) As much as I rage whenever I die to a hacker, I think the best course of action is to just try and get them banned... and fire... kill it with fire!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, but I think it would be too difficult to implement. There is no way to code this so the devs would have to go into the MySQL databases and remove games manually.
Yeah, true :c It might require some major rewrite of certain parts. Unless, however, they were able to code something that took variables such as [Playername] [Gamenumber] etc., and had the code do the process for them

DoUEvenShift

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, true :c It might require some major rewrite of certain parts. Unless, however, they were able to code something that took variables such as [Playername] [Gamenumber] etc., and had the code do the process for them
They already have variables for all that. The issue is that the game doesn't know when you die to a hacker, and there's really no way of it knowing. Normally gamenumber, kills, chests opened, etc. are all saved automatically into the database without anyone doing anything. Removing a game from the list however, would require someone to physically go in and change stuff.

Keep in mind, I truly WISH this could happen, I just don't think its a good use of the devs time. You've seen me rage to hacker deaths :D

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
They already have variables for all that. The issue is that the game doesn't know when you die to a hacker, and there's really no way of it knowing. Normally gamenumber, kills, chests opened, etc. are all saved automatically into the database without anyone doing anything. Removing a game from the list however, would require someone to physically go in and change stuff.

Keep in mind, I truly WISH this could happen, I just don't think its a good use of the devs time. You've seen me rage to hacker deaths :D
Well, I mean a Moderator or whoever sees the Report Abuse thingy in the Forums, and after they ban the person, they go and do some command in a control panel (Or whatever they use to ban people worldwide, I've heard its not only in-game) like "/gameremove (Gamenumber) (Playername)"

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, I mean a Moderator or whoever sees the Report Abuse thingy in the Forums, and after they ban the person, they go and do some command in a control panel (Or whatever they use to ban people worldwide, I've heard its not only in-game) like "/gameremove (Gamenumber) (Playername)"
I really don't trust some moderators with a command like that...

Reactions: dq

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I really don't trust some moderators with a command like that...
True, it could be easily abused.. and putting it on a queue for Sr. Mods+ to process would just waste their time with the sheer amount. But we trust Moderators to ban, control their temper and personal opinions, and they are supposed to do their job as Moderators. And at least it isn't something like banning another person just because you hate them, or because your friend hates them.

Chaos_Slayer_

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea, but I think it would be too difficult to implement. There is no way to code this so the devs would have to go into the MySQL databases and remove games manually. With the amount of hackers out there this would be a huge waste of their time (imo) As much as I rage whenever I die to a hacker, I think the best course of action is to just try and get them banned... and fire... kill it with fire!
YES, if someone is using a "auto-heal" hack use FIRE. Because I think that they can't heal in fire. ( going off what my friend said)

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Maybe they could code it so Sr. mods and up could remove games. To get a game removed maybe there'd be a section on the forums and it could only be viewed by the thread creator and Sr. mods +, just like moderator applications. It could have a template like:

IGN:
Game Number:
Report Abuse link:

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
No, this would require a lot of time to do this. The Sr. Mods have enough to do already and adding this would just create unnecessary work, we get tons of reports every day.
And yeah, moderators wouldn't be able to get this command in a thousand years, I could easily see it being abused.

TheCornStealer

Platinum
Reaction score
OMG that's a genius idea :D
Ok, the title is a bit confusing, I couldn't figure out what to call it.
But as we all know, the servers have hackers. End of story.
We die from hackers, right?
And a lot of us on the Forums are trying to have good win/loss ratios and whatnot, right?
Well, we've pretty much all died from a hacker, at least once.
My suggestion is this:
If you have evidence of a hacker killing you, that game should be removed from your records (Total game count)

If you're recording a video, and then hacker JimTheSmiter comes along, and turns on his derp hacks, aimbot, and whatever, and kills you, that's absolutely frustrating and maddening. Especially when that was something like your 1000th game, right? They hurt your win/loss ratio, and people get totes mad. Blah blah blah.

So if you upload a video, submit it in the Report Abuse section (Or give it directly to a Staff Member, etc.,) and they get banned, then maybe you can have that game removed from your records? After all, you did die via hacks.

I know there's a few arguments against this, such as "It wuld be 2 hard 2 do this" or whatever, or it just isn't worth the Staff's time, but please think on it before saying "no. not worth it."

Constructive criticism welcome, I wrote this in like 2 minutes so it's not perfect.

I made a petition thingy..!: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/games-with-hackers/
OMG that's a genius idea :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci