• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum chatroom?

What do you think?

• Yus

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • Nawww

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Mebeh

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Well basically, how would people know to post in the mod chat for help, and what would stop ordinary people posting there for the fun of it?

It's also inevitable that people will go to the chat for help, and they get laughed out of there. I've seen it happening many times here, and it's horrible that it can be the first impression new players get of the community.
This is an awfully cynical view of the forums ._.

Personally I think this is a great idea, and not one with many downsides. Set up a few plugins to kick spammers, people using profanity, etc., and you're all set on that front. As to the possibility of it being used to complain, I really don't think that's likely. Though there might be a few comments along the line, zi think the majority will follow the purpose of why it was made: to chat without spamming the forums (*cough* HalfSquirrel *cough*).

You say people might get laughed out of the chat room if they ask for help, but to be perfectly honest, they already receive that treatment on the forums. It may be just me, but I personally think people will be more helpful in the chat room then they might be on the regular forums, as there is not the same chance for reasoned spite, and no one is truly cruel on the forums.

So overall, I agree completely with this idea; it would be a great medim for forumers to talk without really any downsides, except the addition of one more place to moderate. As long as it works on iOS I'm happy!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
This is an awfully cynical view of the forums ._.

Personally I think this is a great idea, and not one with many downsides. Set up a few plugins to kick spammers, people using profanity, etc., and you're all set on that front. As to the possibility of it being used to complain, I really don't think that's likely. Though there might be a few comments along the line, zi think the majority will follow the purpose of why it was made: to chat without spamming the forums (*cough* HalfSquirrel *cough*).

You say people might get laughed out of the chat room if they ask for help, but to be perfectly honest, they already receive that treatment on the forums. It may be just me, but I personally think people will be more helpful in the chat room then they might be on the regular forums, as there is not the same chance for reasoned spite, and no one is truly cruel on the forums.

So overall, I agree completely with this idea; it would be a great medim for forumers to talk without really any downsides, except the addition of one more place to moderate. As long as it works on iOS I'm happy!
I haven't been on Forum Games in weeks now. I don't spam :(

I agree with this idea completely, I've been wondering what happened to it since it was removed (for all those that don't know, the forums used to have one but it was removed ages ago for some reason or other). I had it in my signature before maxlupus got me the meme picture and I've been using that for a while :p Anyways, complete support! :)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I haven't been on Forum Games in weeks now. I don't spam :(

I agree with this idea completely, I've been wondering what happened to it since it was removed (for all those that don't know, the forums used to have one but it was removed ages ago for some reason or other). I had it in my signature before maxlupus got me the meme picture and I've been using that for a while :p Anyways, complete support! :)
Thanks <3

ugle99

Experienced
Reaction score
The last reply eins thread is a kinda chatroom :p

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
More than welcome to join the live chat system I've linked in my signature. Eventually I'll poke Chad and somehow fit a live chat button somewhere on the site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci