• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum chatroom?

What do you think?

• Yus

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • Nawww

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Mebeh

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I feel it would just be a replacement for the admins walls. Instead of actually talking to each other and getting to know more about the community, people would complain about being banned, mod apps, etc.

And don't get me started on the adbots!
wow thats actually a good point but there is usually a mod in control of the entire chat. theoretically, he/she would deal with this by kicking or what ever. there would be rules but i don't believe it would be that bad. but damn fine point

FortiPlex

Experienced
Reaction score
We will never know how stable it will be unless we attempt it even once. If users can stay friendly and loyal to the forum rules, then there is no point in not having the chatroom.

HOWEVER: There has to be a mod on the chat at all times. If, at once, the chatroom is not being inspected, everything can go haywire. So that's something to keep in mind of.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
HOWEVER: There has to be a mod on the chat at all times. If, at once, the chatroom is not being inspected, everything can go haywire. So that's something to keep in mind of.
there are plug-ins you can use to automatically ban spammers and do other amazing stuff so maybe not

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I feel it would just be a replacement for the admins walls. Instead of actually talking to each other and getting to know more about the community, people would complain about being banned, mod apps, etc.

And don't get me started on the adbots!
Perhaps there should be two channels, one for mods, one for normal forumers. If you need help you would go to the mod channel and ask there? Keeps the spammers out of the main channel. For ad bots... idk. Its like the gold sellers in MMO's, you can never really get rid of them, only slow them down for a while.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Apologies, I'm on my phone. I'll give my proper response to your post once I get on my laptop.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Well basically, how would people know to post in the mod chat for help, and what would stop ordinary people posting there for the fun of it?

It's also inevitable that people will go to the chat for help, and they get laughed out of there. I've seen it happening many times here, and it's horrible that it can be the first impression new players get of the community.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well basically, how would people know to post in the mod chat for help, and what would stop ordinary people posting there for the fun of it?

It's also inevitable that people will go to the chat for help, and they get laughed out of there. I've seen it happening many times here, and it's horrible that it can be the first impression new players get of the community.
Mods are on a lot so all they have to do is delete the posts.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
It would have like 500 members in at once on good days!
Certainly needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci