• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

For the better of MCSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidoesMC

Diamond
Reaction score
So all of this are great ideas and the funny thing is i been saying this for months and months but never thought f posting it lo creeperfarts you beat me to it :D

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
Suggestion #4 - Listen to the community more/Stay in tune with it:

Over the past year or so MCSG has had many problems (Like any server out there). It's understandable. However I feel as if it takes months to fix one tiny thing. For instance, the disguise command. The disguise command was broken for months on end and a lot of people were upset about that. Anyways, I feel if MCSG staff would listen to the community quicker when it came to issues or suggestions and made them happen sooner they wouldn't have many people complaining. That's one of the main reasons why I see people leaving MCSG and switching to different servers.
This is the most important part.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
1. I agree for new maps, as long as it only applies to 24-man games.
2. Teams will always happen, and even if you were forced to FFA in deathmatch, the team would still try to kill you first.
3. Optifine zoom really isn't that useful. If you want to be pro with the bow, use 30 FOV instead, since that is actually better than optifine zoom for archery. Armor HUD doesn't seem like that big of a deal, since you can F5 to see your armor, and your inventory shows durability as well. Unless you are doing the full gold armor challenge, durability should not matter. Basically all of the allowed mods are hardly advantages, and if they don't make you PvP better, they don't really impact gameplay.
^^^

DanT1TheMan

Spectator
Reaction score
Get rid of 1.8 and bring back 1.7, I say this because In my opinion 1.8 has ruined pvp in almost every way! I also don't find it fun to play anymore because of how trash it is, I cant tell if I'm hitting someone. You cant jump in pvp and even when you strafe you still get combo out the ass with someone with better ping. Sometimes my hits don't even register. Lets be honest here, the rod looks like a chode, and I feel like 1.8 takes no skill what so ever. Another thing is why did you they need to switch? No ones plays like any of the other mini games that required 1.8. Players come on Mcsg to play "The Minecraft Survival Games"! ~Sorry for the rant, that's just how I feel. I'm not good anymore in 1.8, and that a depressing feeling knowing 1.8 gives me the same skill as someone who just started playing, literally you cant win against another player with better stuff because 1.8 only allows you to trade hits...

ShakeJunt

Platinum
Reaction score
I like all the ideas you have except for the Solo queue and Team queue games. I know how much everyone hates dying to teams but I feel like it will take away a big part of SG if you remove teaming. The best solution for this would be to limit the number people you can have on a team to 2 or something like that. That way you don't die to big teams of 3+ but you still can get the chance to kill teams. I personally enjoy killing teams, its really fun when you know how to. People just need to learn strategies to kill teams of 2. But I do agree teams 3+ people are really ridiculous.

Also MCSG should do something about the NCP, that would help.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Get rid of 1.8 and bring back 1.7, I say this because In my opinion 1.8 has ruined pvp in almost every way! I also don't find it fun to play anymore because of how trash it is, I cant tell if I'm hitting someone. You cant jump in pvp and even when you strafe you still get combo out the ass with someone with better ping. Sometimes my hits don't even register. Lets be honest here, the rod looks like a chode, and I feel like 1.8 takes no skill what so ever. Another thing is why did you they need to switch? No ones plays like any of the other mini games that required 1.8. Players come on Mcsg to play "The Minecraft Survival Games"! ~Sorry for the rant, that's just how I feel. I'm not good anymore in 1.8, and that a depressing feeling knowing 1.8 gives me the same skill as someone who just started playing, literally you cant win against another player with better stuff because 1.8 only allows you to trade hits...
It's not 1.8, it's the NCP. If you play on a vanilla Minecraft 1.8 server, you will find that it really isn't that different.

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
I like all the ideas you have except for the Solo queue and Team queue games. I know how much everyone hates dying to teams but I feel like it will take away a big part of SG if you remove teaming. The best solution for this would be to limit the number people you can have on a team to 2 or something like that. That way you don't die to big teams of 3+ but you still can get the chance to kill teams. I personally enjoy killing teams, its really fun when you know how to. People just need to learn strategies to kill teams of 2. But I do agree teams 3+ people are really ridiculous.

Also MCSG should do something about the NCP, that would help.
its ALMOST inposible to kill a stacked, good, trying team. Even with strats, blablabla. And the ncp should be diffrent i agree with that

Lemonz87

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A few brief opinions that I have.

1) I personally believe that the MCGamer Staff needs to start KEEPING their promises to the community.

Ex. The Leaderboard Reset

2) The Maps chosen should be MORE frequently tested out. I feel like some maps that really deserve a chance are just sitting in the "Finish Map" section. MCGamer already has a bunch of gamemodes that aren't exactly "fully implemented" or "played" so there may as well be a "Map Testing" section, as to try and find a good set of maps that the MAJORITY of players like.
There is no point in "keeping the old maps" that aren't voted. They aren't voted for a reason. The reason is because when they are chosen... Half the lobby leaves! If people don't like the map, it should be removed!

3) Managing teaming causes more rage and messes up clan shenanigans. It might be worth trying out, I could be completely wrong.

Just a few ideas...

laramie

Spectator
Reaction score
CreeperFarts, I love the idea's other than Team/Solo Games because it wouldn't be MCGamer anymore it would be just like any other SG server such as badlion/GommeHD and I personally don't want the first server ive ever played on too become like all the others, I want it to be unique. Like I said tho just like Badlion/GommeHD they have teams/solo games and if u really wont to play solo go to those servers, but other than that I love the idea's and I think they should also go back too 1.7 but they wont do that

sorry for bad engrish. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci