• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

For the better of MCSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreeperFarts

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Anthony other wise know as CreeperFarts. I'd like to start off this forum post by saying this is in no way to be taken negatively or in attempt to "Outlash" on MCSG. It is simply my suggestions and my thoughts on how I think we can make this server a more enjoyable and relaxed environment for all of us. Over the past few months MCSG has not been exactly "up to par" on what us (the players) expect from it. So, I thought it was about time I'd make a post about this so people can hear what not only I had to say about this, but also the players. What I have below is a few suggestions on what I think should be implemented into the server to make it a more enjoyable experience for all of us. Before you go ahead and begin reading I would like to state that if you have any more suggestions please post it as a reply to this thread.

Suggestion #1 - In game map removals/adding new maps:

First is first I'd like to state that MCSG has some fantastic maps. Some which are old, some which are new. However, ever since the raffle voting system came back a lot of the unwanted/disliked maps have been showing up a lot. I feel as if as a community we have a poll as to which maps get removed. Therefore making a better playing experience as to what maps we play. This leads me to adding new maps. New maps get added to MCSG every once in a while, which is a great thing! However not all maps are enjoyable for the community to play. So here is a great suggestion for adding maps. My suggestion is that every month or so MCSG releases a "Map Pack" with about 5 maps or so that the community can play for a given trial period of time. During this trial period of the map pack players can vote on the maps they like the most and which they like the least. After the trial stage of these maps, staff members can tally up the votes and use the maps that were voted the most and put them into the official voting system rotation.

Suggestion #2 - Solo queue vs Team queue games:

We all know teaming has been a big issue for solo players for a very long time. My suggestion is to add different server types that allow teaming and also have those that only allow strictly solo
queuing. To prevent people from teaming in a solo queued game I feel as the consequence of a temp ban would suit that well. That way we can make sure the solo queue is strictly for solo players only. When it comes to the team queue games solo's would be aloud if they wish to join. One thing I do want to touch on is there should be a team capacity for this game mode to make sure it isn't too unfair.

Suggestion #3 - Bleeping out rude/disrespectful chat messages:

We all know how annoying it is when someone in game calls you "Ez" or says "gg10" etc. I feel as if MCSG should block those messages out completely from chat. Sure it may be funny if you use those words and you think it's cool or whatever but at the end of the day it just tears the community apart. In terms it makes it a negative place to be in. I think we can all agree this would be an amazing push if MCSG actually did this. It would not only make for a more positive enjoyable environment, but also make the community a better place to be.

Suggestion #4 - Listen to the community more/Stay in tune with it:

Over the past year or so MCSG has had many problems (Like any server out there). It's understandable. However I feel as if it takes months to fix one tiny thing. For instance, the disguise command. The disguise command was broken for months on end and a lot of people were upset about that. Anyways, I feel if MCSG staff would listen to the community quicker when it came to issues or suggestions and made them happen sooner they wouldn't have many people complaining. That's one of the main reasons why I see people leaving MCSG and switching to different servers.

Anyways I think that sums it up for the suggestions I currently have. As I said before if you guys have anymore suggestions you'd like to chip in, feel free to comment them down below. To sum up everything I'd like to thank everyone who has read this for your time. I hope this can have a positive outlook on MCSG for the future.

Best,
Anthony

Last edited:

thejambd

Platinum
Reaction score
Good to see that youtubers such as yourself are wanting what is best for the servers. The suggestions are useful and would certainly make the server a better place to play on. I'll support you with it if/when I can.

BlueStyledGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
big yter doing sugest! This is going to have a inpact. I missed the 1.7 part btw, have a gl getting the staff to do something~

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
I will say my opinions of this 4 topics.
1) I think raffle voting is great, because with it everyone can play some other maps too, and not only Valleyside, Zone85, Alaskan and Par.
With this we can remember the old times of mcsg, with the same 3 maps and the 30 minutes game; but we can also try to enjoy the maps that no-one liked before and was played 10 times every year.
If you don't like it, don't play it, simply do /hub and that game will not count on your stats.
2) I agree with this one, nothing to say about it.
3) If you look at this thread ( http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-would-you-punish-trashtalk.173875/ ) you can see that MCGamer staff is trying to decide with the community members what is the best way to punish trashtalkers/disprectful members; and I think this is a great idea.
4) MCGamer's staff continue to keep the community members updated about the updates, glitch/bugs fixing and some others funny/important events with threads on the forum and sometimes with alerts messages in-game.
Peace.

Jempko

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks so much for making this Anthony. I watch you a lot, and I know what a good person you are and its so nice to see that you care about this server. Not only because it's the primary server for your recording but because you want to make it better for not simply you but the players as-well, I'm going to get more involved as you said, report some more hackers, things like that. What I'm trying to say is this thread really inspired me and I'm so glad to see someone standing up for what's right. Thanks so much for making this. =)

~Jempko

Twistology

Career
Reaction score
4) MCGamer's staff continue to keep the community members updated about the updates, glitch/bugs fixing and some others funny/important events with threads on the forum and sometimes with alerts messages in-game.
But that doesn't mean they're listening to us; just telling us that they're doing things, whether we like them or not

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci