• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fix OP Chest routes?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I just realized on a lot of maps, the mod that decides all the tier 2's often makes one area have a lot more than others. This causes OP chest routes to be created, and only known by a select few people, making it even better most of the time. Sure, sometimes it's advertised, but there are still many strong routes where tier 2's have no reason to be there.

For example, on Rugged Lands there is a cave with 3 very obvious chests in it, but 2 of them are tier 2 and I think there is another one right outside. On that same map, there is also a double chest that you have to climb a mountain (which is quite hard in this case), use your fishing rod to get up a 2 block high jump, and then at the top pull a lever to open up a chest which is still somewhat hard to see. This chest is not worth the long climb, simply because it's tier 1.

I'm not trying to call out any specific person, but I feel like a lot of maps have awful tier 2 placement done to suit who ever is doing it and in other areas of the map it's just hastily done so that tier 2's are there. Once the tier 2's have been determined, can they be double checked so that it's balanced all around the map? I feel like that would improve the system a lot.

Also, sorry if this has offended anyone. I'm not trying to do that, but I made this thread quickly before going to sleep. If anyone is insulted, I can edit it in the morning. I apologize in advance.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
DQIX1 *Keff keff Chernobyl keff keff*

I do agree though. A lot of the chests need to be retiered. I feel that there should be certain stipulations when teiring chests.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I use these, but feel guilty of them at the same time.

dq

District 13
Reaction score
DQIX1 *Keff keff Chernobyl keff keff*

I do agree though. A lot of the chests need to be retiered. I feel that there should be certain stipulations when teiring chests.
OMG xD
Lively, it's not as OP as you think, there may be a ton of tier 2's, but I have to run foreveeer to get them all, I've only once gotten every chest on the route.

Edit: Plus, while tiering, I actually tiered about 5 chests back down to tier 1.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cough cough i still need a route for sg highway cough cough

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Meh, I think every map needs an OP spot that everyone goes to :p

screacher90

Career
Reaction score
Haha i know what you mean. Just go to tepees on teweran 2. Like i mean plz nerf OP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci