• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Fix] lag 1.6

fatmannumbah7

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a new computer and it was working great in all the other versions of minecraft except 1.6. as soon as i got the update i jumped in a game of mcsg and it was so laggy, and i knew it wasn't the server because my same computer could handle it great before the 1.6 update but i found out why.
Fix​
The problem is that once you update minecraft the new launcher by default sets your amount of allocated RAM to 1G. once you open up the new launcher select your default profile and click "edit Profile" and look for the "Jvm arguments" in the box beside it, it should say -Xmx1G if you have a 64 bit computer simply change the number from 1 to the amount of RAM you want allocated, for example 3G. But there is also a common problem with people that have a 32 bit computer it has a max on the amount of RAM you can allocate so you must add RAM by the Mb so 1G=1o24M etc..​
*make sure you know how much RAM is on your computer. example if i have 6gb Of RAM i should only be allocating 3G of the 6G.​
i hope this helps :)

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Didn't work for me at all. It just creates an error whenever I try and log on.

fatmannumbah7

Tribute
Reaction score
and is your computer 32 bit or 64 bit if its 64 try downloading java 64 bit

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Oh, that's the problem. I don't have java 64 bit.

link mwa plz I too lazy

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
I tried this, seemed to work fine for me, set it to 5g on a 64 bit pc and had no lag.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thanks fatty!
The thing is running super fast now, it starts up within half a second :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci