• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First-Time Permaban for Hackers

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The system is pretty inconsistent as is. We have wildly varying punishments for different offenses, and there are actually a few that can get you perm banned on the first offense. It isn't really a big deal though, since everything is organized quite well information wise.
I'm curious, is there any chance a list of punishment times and offenses will be published? It would be useful information and it could help people's understanding of how punishments work.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I'm curious, is there any chance a list of punishment times and offenses will be published? It would be useful information and it could help people's understanding of how punishments work.
Maybe. Main issue would be seeing the same list of punishments ad nauseam on moderator applications.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem with the system, is that it's not consistent. Spammers shouldn't be banned permanently on their first offense, but they should be given warning. By eliminating that final warning ban for hackers, the system becomes inconstant and confusing. And if you do get rid of the temp ban you make the system unfair for those who's 'crimes' don't deserve that much severity.
Spammers aren't hackers though... I'm suggesting this just for clear use of a hacked client.

Sliabh

Career
Reaction score
I hacked when I was at about 20 games before I properly played MCSG. I served my ban and haven't hacked brocken any rule. I don't think it should be a perma-ban because if so I wouldn't know a lot of my friends today

NachoLePew

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree!! we have thousands of fair people playing here.. we dont need to deal with cheaters. It should be a permanent ban for the next caught hackers.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

Also, I disagree with the current system. Giving a tiny ban, and then a permanent ban makes no sense. I agree with the first ban being 7 days, that makes sense for a first offence. Second offence, however, should be around 3-4 months, and then the 3rd offence can be a permanent ban.
Our current system is set up so that we give people a chance to change. One chance. If you continue to hack after we have shown you that 1) We caught you and 2) You will be banned for hacking, then we have no reason to bother with the person. They clearly have the intent to hack again after being warned to stop, and we would rather give a better experience for the players who don't break our rules.

This system would make much more sense as the amount of unfair bans is on the rise with more ban-hungry mods joining us every day
I'm sorry, what? Our application process is designed to filter out mods who are going to or have broken our rules excessively, who want the rank for the title or who plan on abusing our powers. We have guidelines set up as to prevent the abuse of powers, and any abuse is dealt with almost immediately. I'm not sure where you get the idea that our moderators are becoming power hungry, as we have actually been improving our quality of staff with the induction of training requirements and staff tests.

which means that if you hacked in the past, then you have had just 1 chance with a slight delay (the second ban will come unfairly), and quite good players are most likely to be banned twice unfairly
"The second ban will come unfairly". We have around 1500 successful ban appeals. And over 200,000 bans (of which i estimate 10-20% are hacking bans). So, again, where is this coming from? Our stats seem to speak differently to your accusations of corrupt staff members. Which brings us onto...

Unless they are friends with Dave or another Admin, which will save them even if they hack. People that Admins dislike get 0 chances, because all Admins do these days is record someone playing, say that it is aimbot with regen hacks, and tell the other Admins to not unban. MCSG is becoming a lot like an oligarchy, with about 6 people with power, some of whom are just corrupt.
Yeah. Ok.

Let's assume the admins are corrupt. That is why we require full video evidence for every ban. That is why we allow users to appeal. That is why we have a dedicated group of senior mods who have it in their job descriptions to go through and check anyone who even slightly thinks that their ban was unfair. We're just corrupt people at heart, who want nothing more than to ban every user from this game server, because the countless hours that our staff have put into this server was just to see it burn.

Uh, no, we aren't corrupt. We love our community, and sacrifice so much for it. We do what we do for the community. If a user decides to ruin peoples experiences by breaking ANY rule, they will be reprimanded, regardless of who they are friends with. No users are dealt with differently when it comes to rule breaking. Everyone gets one chance with hacking, and then they're gone.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh boy, this is going to be fun.

Our current system is set up so that we give people a chance to change. One chance. If you continue to hack after we have shown you that 1) We caught you and 2) You will be banned for hacking, then we have no reason to bother with the person. They clearly have the intent to hack again after being warned to stop, and we would rather give a better experience for the players who don't break our rules.

I'm sorry, what? Our application process is designed to filter out mods who are going to or have broken our rules excessively, who want the rank for the title or who plan on abusing our powers. We have guidelines set up as to prevent the abuse of powers, and any abuse is dealt with almost immediately. I'm not sure where you get the idea that our moderators are becoming power hungry, as we have actually been improving our quality of staff with the induction of training requirements and staff tests.

"The second ban will come unfairly". We have around 1500 successful ban appeals. And over 200,000 bans (of which i estimate 10-20% are hacking bans). So, again, where is this coming from? Our stats seem to speak differently to your accusations of corrupt staff members. Which brings us onto...

Yeah. Ok.

Let's assume the admins are corrupt. That is why we require full video evidence for every ban. That is why we allow users to appeal. That is why we have a dedicated group of senior mods who have it in their job descriptions to go through and check anyone who even slightly thinks that their ban was unfair. We're just corrupt people at heart, who want nothing more than to ban every user from this game server, because the countless hours that our staff have put into this server was just to see it burn.

Uh, no, we aren't corrupt. We love our community, and sacrifice so much for it. We do what we do for the community. If a user decides to ruin peoples experiences by breaking ANY rule, they will be reprimanded, regardless of who they are friends with. No users are dealt with differently when it comes to rule breaking. Everyone gets one chance with hacking, and then they're gone.
To counter this, my ban was unfair. 96% of people that I talk to agree with me, not necessarily friends. I made 2 ban disputes, both upheld. I talked to all of the Admins except Le0, it was upheld. The 96% are right, so this leads me to think that the staff are corrupt. This is my evidence. And I know that you, being friends with the staff, will back them up.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
No, simply because say I was new, used a prohibited mod, for example "Damage indicators" which can be a common mistake for normal players.
If they made a mistake and just got on the server and enjoyed it, got banned. Can't get back on. A ban is to show that you did wrong, I would of said my self, "You know what, I did wrong. Let's not try not break anymore rules." By then I would of reviewed the rules, even if it was in tiny detail, I would still have knowledge.

Back on topic with the perma bans

As I stated above it would be a mistake, and if they hacked or broke the rules again they obviously don't want to be on the server, and I assure you mods work so hard it's crazy. Mods have a ban panel and are trained to see hackers. If you know someone unfairly banned, link them to www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forum/disputes ( sorry if this is the incorrect link) or they could connect to our ts. Ts.mcgamer.net and talk to a member of the senior staff.

In conclusion, you all stated legit reasons but I don't think it is suitable at this time.

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
I do not think there should be a permanent ban for first time offenders, simply for the fact that, after their week long ban, they know that the 'second chance' is truly a second chance. After they get banned the first time, it is clear that if they are caught using hacks again, they will be permanently banned. The second chance is there to separate the ignorant from the truly malicious. Just my opinion on this matter.

Rusty

Career
Reaction score
To counter this, my ban was unfair. 96% of people that I talk to agree with me, not necessarily friends. I made 2 ban disputes, both upheld. I talked to all of the Admins except Le0, it was upheld. The 96% are right, so this leads me to think that the staff are corrupt. This is my evidence. And I know that you, being friends with the staff, will back them up.
So i just looked over your evidence. Call me corrupt all you want, doesn't change the fact that there is clear evidence that you clearly headflick three times during the video. And the people that upheld the ban have the evidence, how many of the 96% have seen the video of you hacking? I mean, it should be zero, but who knows how many actually know the number. And because 96% say it's unfair, that doesn't make it unfair. That shows that 96% of people are misinformed about hacking.

No, simply because say I was new, used a prohibited mod, for example "Damage indicators" which can be a common mistake for normal players.
If they made a mistake and just got on the server and enjoyed it, got banned. Can't get back on. A ban is to show that you did wrong, I would of said my self, "You know what, I did wrong. Let's not try not break anymore rules." By then I would of reviewed the rules, even if it was in tiny detail, I would still have knowledge.

As I stated above it would be a mistake, and if they hacked or broke the rules again they obviously don't want to be on the server, and I assure you mods work so hard it's crazy. Mods have a ban panel and are trained to see hackers. If you know someone unfairly banned, link them to www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forum/disputes ( sorry if this is the incorrect link) or they could connect to our ts. Ts.mcgamer.net and talk to a member of the senior staff.

In conclusion, you all stated legit reasons but I don't think it is suitable at this time.
It's expected that you read the rules, and that you respect all of the rules for the server you are in (I.e. Teamspeak, Minecraft, Forums). Allowing people to use the 'oh but i haven't read the rules' excuse would just create an excuse for people to hack.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Damage indicators is a modded client, not a hacked client. Unfairly modded clients aren't as serious as a hacked client so shouldn't result in a permaban.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci