• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fence Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I see the advantage in using it as a tactic, if that makes sense... You have no unfair advantage over any other player as they can do the exact same.
But you can't really say that. Most players do not know of this glitch. I didn't know until I came on this thread. How many more would be clueless to this? Unless we do a PSA to all players detailing the glitch and how to use it, (Really bad idea.) it will still be present and there will still be an advantage.

Ben67482

Survivor
Reaction score
But you can't really say that. Most players do not know of this glitch. I didn't know until I came on this thread. How many more would be clueless to this? Unless we do a PSA to all players detailing the glitch and how to use it, (Really bad idea.) it will still be present and there will still be an advantage.
Well I personally see no harm in letting people know of this as I see it as a tactic not a bug, there is not much more I have to say so let's just leave it to the admins to decide if it is allowed or not :)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well I personally see no harm in letting people know of this as I see it as a tactic not a bug, there is not much more I have to say so let's just leave it to the admins to decide if it is allowed or not :)
I'll agree with that :p. So far we haven't been given a clear answer from either whether it's actually bannable.

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a "glitch" i first noticed when i played on h've back in spring. There was a similar "glitch" if you opened a crate with food in your hand. I never really used this until i noticed that some mods/senior staff did it and i even decided to upload how to do it because a lot of people started to do it. I have deleted the video now though.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's like invisible fire on some blocks; various "new" FnS techniques and other tips and tricks that may not be known to all.
It is a legitimate strategy that can be used, and is allowed, even if not everyone knows how to do it.
Oh yea i love that invisible fire on glass and chests!!!

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I haven't used the glitch on MCSG yet, but I've been aware of it and seeing as it works in vanilla minecraft, that should mean it's allowed here; as seems to be the consensus here already. (Sure would come in handy against teams pursuing you when you need to eat :D)

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok so i played yesterday on MCSG servers and me and my 2 friends started to attack some random guy,he was a diamond donator with over 4000 points.
He started hitting us and soon he got 3-4 hits he started running away from us,while he was running he ate a golden apple and fight us again and after a couple of hits he started running again and guess what he ate another golden apple while running and he killed me and my friend but my 3. friend got him.
I started telling him he was cheating,and he answered me like this:
It is a fence glitch/bug l2p.
I was confused then because fight was near fences and i did not see any other reason to report him.
He told me to watch Gravey4rd video on youtube. (So that means Gravey4rd used it also)

What those this mean?
He basically used a minecraft bug to try beat us down.
Well in my opinion that is not fair because that bug was not meant to be used in minecraft but in another way everyone can use it,but rare people know about it.
What now?
He was breaking the rules.
"9. Do not exploit bugs or glitches: We want to the servers to be the best that it can be and if a bug or glitch is spotted, report it to staff privately ASAP."

I did not tell him anything after that he left and i left too.
Should i report person who uses glitch/bug like this?
tbh, if I was being chased by a 3 team… I'd probably do it this as well...

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
To summarize, as this is part of vanilla minecraft and not a plugin bug and it is henceforth allowed to be used in the game.

QA;TL.
PM me if you have any further questions.

Have a great day here at MCGamer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci