• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

EU Cleansweep Week 6 Results!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

Week 6 has been a pretty good week for the Cleansweep, and we are progressing in reaching our goal: eliminate hackers in the EU region. As we continue to catch and ban hackers using the current process, we are looking into more efficient and effective strategies for doing so. If you have any ideas, feel free to PM me, Nephilim, AlpakaWhacker, or Col_StaR.

Please don’t forget that, due to scheduling issues and time management, each sweep is organized for a span of two hours. As such, knowing when to schedule a time when the most hackers will be on is essential to our efforts. The times of our current sessions may change to suit where the community needs us most. If you have any suggestions as to when you have been noticing a higher amount of hackers, please let us know either via Private Message or with a comment here. We will take these suggestions into account, experiment with time zones, and organize sweeps during the times when hackers are most prevalent.

This Week's Stats
57 participants.
27 of those were community members.
30 of those were staff members.
16 hours of sweeps.

87 hackers banned.
27 of those were permanent.

10 of those bans were found and recorded by members of the community.

Session Days and Times
(All times are BST):
Monday: 7PM-9PM
Wednesday: 8PM-10PM
Friday: 6PM-8PM
Saturday: 3PM-5PM & 7PM-9PM
Sunday: 3PM-5PM & 8PM-10PM

Daily Results
On 17/11/14, 11 bans were issued and 4 of those were permanent.
On 19/11/14, 10 bans were issued and 3 of those were permanent.
On 21/11/14, 4 bans were issued and 1 of those were permanent.
On 22/11/14, 23 bans were issued and 7 of those were permanent.
On 23/11/14, 26 bans were issued and 8 of those were permanent.

Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Will the Cleansweep ever end?
Answer: The operation will continue as long as it is needed. If there is ever a point when the amount of hackers on EU is low, it may end, but it will start as soon as the hacker problem is present again.

Question: Do I have to talk?
Answer: No, you don't have to talk, but you can if you'd like.

Question: Do I have to record?
Answer: Yes, we are only allowing those who can record to join; however, if you want to help out, you can still message us people you suspect are hacking.

Question: Is there a US or AU Cleansweep?
Answer: Don't worry, the other regions will not be neglected. Currently, the staff are testing other solutions for each region.

Question: Why do you post all the times when hackers can see it?
Answer: Most hackers will not check the forums, and won't even know that we are there. In addition, we do impromptu Cleansweeps as well.

What can you do?
Also, as said before, we’ve already had a lot of community members coming in and helping out! Everyone is welcome to join, and we encourage everyone to get involved in help fighting back against hackers. I’d personally love to meet some of you and I’m sure the mods involved would too, its a great way to be more connected!

If you want to get involved with any Cleansweep, you can do so by logging onto our TeamSpeak (ts.mcgamer.net) and asking a staff member to join the Cleansweep channel (see times above). Once you do so, you will be briefed on what your mission is (if you aren't already aware). Before beginning, though, you must be aware of the following:
By joining the EU Cleansweep, you agree that you will actively participate in catching hackers on the EU network and that you will not be found breaking any of the MCGamer rules which can be found at http://mcgamer.info.
Thanks to all of the community members and staff members that helped out this week!

Special thanks to the following people who assisted in making hacking bans throughout the week:
MCTheBananaCraft, ThatOneSnipe, Lisle1998, croe97, NotCanziano, IronOre12, and TheBeaconMC.

Have a wonderful week, and a Happy Thanksgiving!
~MCGamer Staff, EU Cleansweep Team

Previous results:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cleansweep-eu-our-first-results.144029/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cleansweep-week-two-results.145224/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/eu-cleansweep-week-3-results.146697/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/eu-cleansweep-week-4-results.148047/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-cleansweep-week-of-v2-results.149304/

Original Thread:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-clean-sweep.141890/

Last edited:

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Hackers who've donated have been close enough to the forum to be drawn to it. There are no doubt some people who hack and have used, or at least read, the announcements. I mean for God's sake it's on the home page of the website. They have to click through the home page before they even get to the shop usually. My lesson for you here Scott is to never ever assume. Didn't your parents ever tell you it makes an ass out of u and me? :p

But yeah, lovely work. Keep it up and discipline all the correct people. :)

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Hackers who've donated have been close enough to the forum to be drawn to it. There are no doubt some people who hack and have used, or at least read, the announcements. I mean for God's sake it's on the home page of the website. They have to click through the home page before they even get to the shop usually. My lesson for you here Scott is to never ever assume. Didn't your parents ever tell you it makes an ass out of u and me? :p

But yeah, lovely work. Keep it up and discipline all the correct people. :)
Actually, I think most hackers just hop from server to server playing until they get banned, and then moving on to the next. They are probably to lazy to check the homepage, and anyway, if one slips away, he will most likely still get caught somewhere down the road. Letting players know the times ahead of time also means that more players can participate, which will increase the amount of sweepers out there, and will obviously lead to an increase of hackers getting caught. We are better off giving people notice ahead of time.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, I think most hackers just hop from server to server playing until they get banned, and then moving on to the next. They are probably to lazy to check the homepage, and anyway, if one slips away, he will most likely still get caught somewhere down the road. Letting players know the times ahead of time also means that more players can participate, which will increase the amount of sweepers out there, and will obviously lead to an increase of hackers getting caught. We are better off giving people notice ahead of time.
Most....most...most....bah! I like to accommodate for all possible contingencies. It only takes one hacker to read this post and make the information viral to any and all of their hacking friends. There are probably entire Minecraft communities dedicated to hacking. I can very easily see that being a thing where all the people who chose to hack and got banned banded together and made a server/community. Alright, alright, have it your way! I was just bringing up the possibility that there can be exceptions. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci