• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Down With Jitter Clicking? Minecraft Snapshot 15w34a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am sure they just went to this forum.
THE FORUM FOR THE BEST SG/PVP SERVER,
listened to what we don't want and what we want,
removed what we want and added what we don't want,
cause they don't care about the game anymore,
as long as they get money.

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
R.I.P 14 cps. ;-;
But I think it will be great. ;)

Quantum
Reaction score
1.9 will ruin PvP. The sword charging mechanic is so unnecessary ...​

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
There's a lot of hate on this thread. But people don't realize that this update will actually make the game better. The re-charging thing and the shields being added both add more skill into the game. When 1.9 comes out, it won't be so based on your internet speed and spam-clicking to get lucky combos. Instead people will have to figure out strategies to time their hits correctly all while implementing old strategies (such as using the fishing rod) along with the new ones. I think that while people who were good in 1.7/1.8 because PvP didn't take as much skill as it did in the past will dislike this update because obviously it will be a bit harder for them to adapt to. But while I don't think I completely suck at PvP yet, I still am really excited for this update to see if this game finally starts actually getting fun again.
People say that your ping is the only reason u win. Its not....
Maybe the guy that killed u is good and not a "ping" player

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about lol.
Maybe I don't but I see 2 many players accusing me of ping. "The only reason you won is cuz of ping" "you're such a ping player" when it isn't a big factor in pvp. Skill is. I get 90 ping and still get called out for ping

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Maybe I don't but I see 2 many players accusing me of ping. "The only reason you won is cuz of ping" "you're such a ping player" when it isn't a big factor in pvp. Skill is. I get 90 ping and still get called out for ping
Whether it's caused by ping or not, PvP seems really random. Like, I'll go into a fight against someone and I'll get completely obliterated. Then, if I go to fight them again, I'll kill them with ease that time. Obviously there's some skill involved as you have to know how to aim and click, but I think that 1.9 will make PvP much more skill based like it was before the sprint button. Even if you think that ping currently doesn't affect PvP (which I think it does more than it ever has) it will affect it much less in 1.9 than it does now. Before the sprint key nobody even complained about ping. I'm not even sure if I knew what "ping" was, because no one had ever brought it up before.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Whether it's caused by ping or not, PvP seems really random. Like, I'll go into a fight against someone and I'll get completely obliterated. Then, if I go to fight them again, I'll kill them with ease that time. Obviously there's some skill involved as you have to know how to aim and click, but I think that 1.9 will make PvP much more skill based like it was before the sprint button. Even if you think that ping currently doesn't affect PvP (which I think it does more than it ever has) it will affect it much less in 1.9 than it does now. Before the sprint key nobody even complained about ping. I'm not even sure if I knew what "ping" was, because no one had ever brought it up before.
People like you use ping as an excuse to why u die

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
People like you use ping as an excuse to why u die
Its sometimes luck but 4/5 times the better pvper wins. If you are good with a rod and fns you can kill anybody

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Its sometimes luck but 4/5 times the better pvper wins. If you are good with a rod and fns you can kill anybody
Either way, one lucky combo can win you a fight. It wasn't like that before, and combos were extremely hard to get and required a ton of skill before the sprint button. In general people who joined after the sprint button was added don't really understand this, but it's true. I don't know when you started playing but all I can say is that the sprint button took a lot of skill out of this game.

You're saying that PvP is based off of whoever can hit someone with a fishing rod without being hit back, which sadly is true. Why are two items that weren't even meant to be PvP items (they're in the "tools" section in the creative menu) the most crucial ones to all of PvP? That's what I don't understand. I think that because someone gets one hit with a fishing rod can basically determine an entire fight makes PvP not as skill-based. And again, I think that these tactics have been way more prominent ever since 1.7 was released. So hopefully 1.9 will add some things (different things) that make PvP more skill-based again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci