• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you get laugh at or intimidated at school for playing Minecraft?

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty influential in my school apparently. I used to share my account and have several people just play Minecraft Singleplayer on mine until I made them get their own account. It used to be a hated thing, but now it is well-loved, and most people play it or are okay with it. Especially my friends. And I like that.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I recall around two years ago I used to play Minecraft a huge amount of the time (much more than now) and it was for the most part regarded as a nerdy, childish game to play, (probably because it wasn't Call of Duty). Nevertheless, I was never really called out for liking it or playing it, most particularly in a hostile manner. This was probably because I seldom ever mentioned I played it, but I do remember a lot less people played it back then, so it was less 'socially acceptable', I guess you could call it.

In more recent light, it appears the population of Minecraft has exploded and now a lot more people who attend my school play it on a regular basis. Meaning the hate and annoyance caused by it by haters has died down and for the most part been reduced to "Minecraft is (insert f word here) stupid" and nothing more. And still to this day I don't really mention I play it unless asked. I feel like this is the only way I've kept safe from insults over the past few years.

But then again maybe it is because most people at my school are generally kind and the school itself has a benevolent disposition and environment.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Believe it or not the school I'm currently going to is filled with gamers. In fact, most of the people on our school's basketball team play Minecraft.

KingofGrapes

Career
Reaction score
Sadly it is a problem at my school, as all of the "cool" kids think minecraft is "gay" or "stupid" but frankly it isn't, as PrivateFearless once said, just because it is not as mainstream as COD or GTA, doesn't mean you have to go hating on it, people who don't play think there is only survival, but there's more to it. You have many different servers and game modes to play. I'm positive if people started playing PC they would enjoy it.

Harmonicat

Experienced
Reaction score
No, but then again few people know I play it. Even for the ones that do, it would be kind of hard to laugh at me for it..
"Hahah! Look at that idiot that plays Minecraft! Hang on I'm about to get a new score on flappy bird. I'll steam message you tonight and we'll play some TF2 okay?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci